Economic and Political Weekly(Redirected from Economic & Political Weekly)
The Economic and Political Weekly is a weekly peer-reviewed academic journal covering all social sciences. It is published by the Sameeksha Trust and the editor is Paranjoy Guha Thakurta. The Trust appointed Thakurta as the new editor of the Journal with effect from April 1, 2016. His appointment came at a time when many social scientists were opposing the supposed removal of the previous editor C. Rammanohar Reddy, who resigned in January, 2016.
|Econ. Political Wkly.|
|Edited by||Paranjoy Guha Thakurta|
Sameeksha Trust (India)
The journal was established in 1949 as the Economic Weekly and edited by Sachin Chaudhuri. It obtained its current name in 1966. It was edited by Krishna Raj for more than three decades and is among the most prestigious scholarly journals in India, having had contributions from many of the country's best known scholars.
The journal is known for its strong editorial stance with a "social conscience" and for taking left-leaning positions in its editorials, which were occasionally critical of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) government in West Bengal for not being radical enough. The journal was harshly critical of some of the policies of the Indira Gandhi government during the Emergency, as well as of state complicity in the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Abstracting and indexingEdit
Factiva and JSTOR have EPW content on their databases for their registered users.
- Paranjoy Guha Thakurta indianexpress.com. 24 January 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2016
- On Sachin Choudhuri - the founder of a unique magazine/journal (Sixty years ago) pragoti.in. Retrieved 16 September 2012 Archived January 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- Calcutta Diary Ashok Mitra. Psychology Press, 1977 - Social Science - 206 pages
- EPW readies for second innings business-standard.com. 4 July 2008. Retrieved 15 January 2014
- Goddard, Stephen (1983). A Guide to Information Sources in the Geographical Sciences. Lanham, Maryland, USA: Rowman & Littlefield. p. 122. ISBN 978-0-389-20403-9.
- EPW plans editions in Indian languages hindu.com. 31 January 2010. Retrieved 15 January 2014
- Kohli, Atul (1990). Democracy and Discontent: India's Growing Crisis of Governability. Cambridge University Press. p. 150. ISBN 9780521396929.
- "Krishna Raj". The Guardian. London. 17 February 2004. Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-07-31.