Ecole Globale International Girls' School
Ecole Globale International Girls’ Schools In Dehradun is a girls' international boarding school, situated in the foothills of the Himalayas in Dehradun, India. It is one of the top ranked Girls Boarding School in India.
|Ecole Globale International Girl's School|
Village Horawalla, Near Sahaspur
|Type||Private Boarding School, Single sex education|
|School board||Central Board of Secondary Education, Cambridge International Examinations|
|Head of school||Nandita Sahu|
|Classes||English, Hindi, Mathematics, Computers, |
|Medium of language||English,|
|Schedule||9am - 6pm|
|Campus size||40 acres|
|Sports||Swimming, Cricket, Badminton, Hockey, Volleyball, Football, Tennis, Gymnastics|
Ecole Globale was founded in 2013 by Amarjeet Juneja. This Dehradun school was started to provide college-preparatory education to Girls students from India and from overseas. There are over 300 students at the school.
Ecole Globale offers education from grades 4th to 12th. Students have a choice to study science or commerce after Class 8th[clarification needed]. The students, teachers, and staff live and work together on a 40 acre campus. This includes trained staff for the Spanish and French departments. The Ecole Globale International Girls’ School in the state capital also bagged 10 CGPA.[clarification needed] And 50% of its students scored over 9 CGPA in the exam.   For IGCSE, the school offers science- biology, chemistry and physics, commerce: accounts, business studies and economics. Along with these subjects, a small range of second languages is offered which consists of Spanish, French and Hindi.
Ecole Globale International Girls’ School was awarded with the National Excellence Award at the 3rd National School Excellence Awards Ceremony hosted by Brain feed in New Delhi. The award was given in recognition of the pedagogical practices used in the school to provide quality education. The chief guest on the occasion was Dr Kiran Bedi.Guntash Obhan of class 12th stood joint third in Uttarakhand scoring 495 out of 500 in class 12th CBSE Board results in 2018.
Sports games include horse riding, basketball, swimming, badminton, lawn tennis, athletics, karate, squash, shooting, volleyball, football and table tennis. The swimmers of the Ecole Globale International Girls’ School (EGIGS), Dehradun have won the II EGIGS Inter-School Invitational Swimming Championship 2017.
Students of Ecole Globale International Schools won 5-silver and 10-bronze medals in the Under-19 category and 5 students qualified for the national competition at the CBSE North Zone Swimming Competition 2016 held at Apeejay School, Noida, between 1 and 4 October. Besides, Students of Ecole Globale International Girls' School bagged 9-medals in the recently held Excellentia Horse Show Competition in New Delhi. Students here, have represented the state of Uttarakhand in various sports like basketball, athletics, squash, swimming , martial arts and shooting
- "École Globale , Dehradun — Sqoolz". schoolfinder.co.in. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Ecole Globale International Girls School". eUttaranchal. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Girls' schools in city celebrate Founder's Day". timesofindia. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- "CBSE Complete Information Form". cbseaff. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "The Top 10 Boarding Schools in India". intoday. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "CBSE 10th result 2017: Dehradun region records marginal increase in pass percentage". hindustantimes. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Ecole Globale gets excellence award". tribuneindia. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "EGIGS swimmers win championship". dailypioneer. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "Ecole Globale students shine in CBSE swimming contest". newsdog. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- "Ecole Globale International Girls School bags 9 medals in horse riding competition". indiatimes. Retrieved 29 November 2016.