Eat Sleep Play
Eat Sleep Play, Inc. was an American video game developer, formed by Scott Campbell and David Jaffe, director of the Twisted Metal series and God of War. Eat Sleep Play entered into an exclusive platform deal with Sony requiring the completion of either three console/handheld games or three years of development time, with plans to release its first original game in 2010. The first game released by Eat Sleep Play was a port of the PSP game Twisted Metal: Head On that was retitled as Twisted Metal Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition for PlayStation 2 and was not one of the three game console exclusive deal.
|Fate||Moved to Avalanche Software|
|Defunct||June 26, 2017|
|Headquarters||Salt Lake City, Utah, USA|
|Scott Campbell (CEO)|
Following his work on Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica's God of War (PS2), Scott and Jaffe expressed a desire to focus on smaller-scale, more personal games. They then directed the PlayStation Network game Calling All Cars! (PS3), developed by Incognito.
Since Jaffe's resignation in 2012, Eat Sleep Play has moved into mobile game development. In partnership with Zynga the companies have released Running With Friends, Looney Tunes Dash!, and most recently, Ice Age Arctic Blast.
|Twisted Metal: Head On: Extra Twisted Edition||PlayStation 2|
|Twisted Metal||PlayStation 3|
|Running With Friends||iOS, Android (as Stampede Run)|
|Looney Tunes Dash!||iOS, Android|
|Ice Age Arctic Blast||iOS, Android|
|Cars vs Bosses||iOS, Android|
- "@Davidscottjaffe - Twitter". 2012-02-07. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Navigating A Crossroads: David Jaffe Talks, Gamasutra, January 28, 2008.
- Jaffe, David (June 15, 2010). "Surprise! Twisted Metal Coming to PS3". PlayStation. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Crecente, Brian (June 26, 2017). "Former Valve initiative CastAR shuts down". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved June 27, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2014-12-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)