East Sac County Community School District
The East Sac County Community School District is a rural public school district headquartered in Lake View, Iowa. The district covers portions of Sac County as well as portions of Carroll and Crawford counties. It serves Lake View, Sac City, and Wall Lake.
|East Sac County Community School District|
|Lake View, Iowa|
|Type||Local school district|
|NCES District ID||1929580 |
|Students and staff|
|Students||918 (2018-19) |
|Teachers||75.65 FTE |
|Staff||82.17 FTE |
|Student–teacher ratio||12.13 |
|Athletic conference||Twin Lakes|
|Colors||Red, White, and Black|
It was established on July 1, 2011, from the merger of the Sac Community School District and the Wall Lake View Auburn Community School District. In 2007, the districts, prior to their legal merger, had established a grade-sharing program in which each district sent students to the other district for certain educational levels; it was under the name "East Sac Schools."
Keven Fiene served as superintendent until April 2014, when he took a position with the Interstate 35 School District. East Sac asked the South Central Calhoun Community School District if it could share a superintendent, but South Central Calhoun declined the offer. Barb Kruthoff, who had previously been superintendent of the Wall Lake View Auburn district and then also of the Sac district when the two did the grade sharing program, became the interim superintendent in June of that year.
- East Sac County High School (9-12) - Lake View
- East Sac County Middle School (5-8) - Sac City
- East Sac County Elementary Sac City (PK-4)
- Flex Ed Center - Sac City
- East Sac County Elementary (pk-4) - Wall Lake
East Sac County High SchoolEdit
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Coed 2-time Class 1A State Champions (2012, 2014)
- "East Sac County Comm School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- "East Sac County Community School District." East Sac County Community School District. Retrieved on July 18, 2018. Addresses are at the bottom, including: "District Office 801 Jackson| Lake View, IA"
- "East Sac County." Iowa Department of Education. Retrieved on July 18, 2018.
- "REORGANIZATION & DISSOLUTION ACTIONS SINCE 1965-66." Iowa Department of Education. Retrieved on July 20, 2018.
- Hytrek, Nick (2007-10-09). "East Sac district unites". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "Kruthoff once again East Sac County superintendent". Carroll Daily Times Herald. 2014-06-12. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- "East Sac County Schools Start 2019/20 School Year With New Superintendent And Elementary Principal". 1380 KCIM. August 19, 2019. Retrieved 2020-07-15.
- "Twin Lakes Conference". Twin Lakes Conference. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "East Sac County". Iowa High School Sports. Retrieved 2020-08-21.
|This Iowa school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|