East Meadow High School
East Meadow High School is a public high school in the East Meadow Union Free School District. East Meadow High School was founded in 1953. The school serves students in grades 9−12. Approximately 88% of 2007's graduating class continued their education – with 60% going on to four-year colleges and 27% to two-year colleges.
|East Meadow High School|
101 Carman Avenue
|School district||East Meadow School District|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Gold|
|Newspaper||The Jet Gazette|
As of the 2014–2015 school year, the school had an enrollment of 1,621 students and 126.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 12.9:1. There were 215 students (13.3% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 104 (6.4% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch. Many students take the AP classes offered by the administration 
East Meadow provides has sports programs with three seasons each offering various sports for students to choose.
Football (2006 & 2011 Nassau County Champions), Soccer, Girls Tennis, Volleyball, Cross Country, Field Hockey (2008 County Champions), Cheerleading, Boys Golf, Rockettes/Kickline, Girls Swimming and Diving. The girls' cross country team had a league meet winning streak from October 2000 through October 2009. Their record during this time was approximately 120–0.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The East Meadow High School Jet Marching Band has competed in the Columbus Day Parade in New York City. Many students participate in band, orchestra, chorus, music theory, and after school in the pit orchestra, jazz band, string ensemble, and vocal jazz. They also host a summer music program every July, and have their own chapter of Tri-M Music Honor Society, chapter number 2817.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Criss Angel, magician/illusionist
- Adam Busch, actor/singer
- Richard Greenberg, Broadway playwright (Take Me Out, A Naked Girl on the Appian Way, The American Plan)
- Max Hechtman, narrative/documentary filmmaker (Stories of Strength and Hope: Preventing Youth Suicide)
- Annet Mahendru, Afghan-born Russian–Indian actress
- John Mauceri, conductor
- Craig Mitchell, as Craig Olshlager, actor/comedian/writer
- Brandon Moore, NFL linebacker
- Rich Ohrnberger, National Football League offensive lineman
- Dave Palumbo, bodybuilder
- Joel Rifkin, serial killer
- Michael Rothstein, ESPN reporter
- Matt Serra, UFC fighter and former UFC Welterweight Champion
- Mark Staniszewski, martial artist
- Frank Viola, Major League Baseball pitcher
- School data for East Meadow High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 18, 2019.
- "EAST MEADOW HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 18, 2019.
- East Meadow High School Website
- East Meadow High School Key Club Website (Old Version - No Longer Updated)