Earvin "EJ" Johnson III (born June 4, 1992) is an American television personality and socialite.
Johnson in 2014
Earvin Johnson III
June 4, 1992
|Occupation||Television personality, socialite, fashion commentator|
|Parent(s)||Magic Johnson (father)|
Earlitha Kelly (mother)
Earvin Johnson III was born on June 4, 1992 in Beverly Hills, California, to Magic Johnson and Earlitha "Cookie" Kelly. He has an older brother, Andre, and a younger sister, Elisa. He was raised in the Pentecostal Christian faith. Johnson attended New York University, studying hospitality with a focus on event planning and design. Johnson came out as gay to his family at the age of 17 and came out publicly in 2013 after a report by TMZ published pictures of him holding hands with a male friend. He was supported by his family in his decision to come out publicly. After coming out, Johnson left the West Angeles Church of God in Christ, the church he grew up in, due to their views on homosexuality.
Johnson joined the cast of the E! reality television series Rich Kids of Beverly Hills in 2014 as a recurring cast member on the first season. He became a main cast member for the next three seasons. The show was canceled after four seasons. Johnson then starred in his own spin-off reality series EJNYC, one of the first reality series to profile a young LGBTQ person of color. In 2014 Johnson joined E! News as a news personality and commentator, covering shows for New York Fashion Week as well as having a recurring commentary role on Fashion Police. He also appeared as a guest commentator on Hello Ross in 2014. He was a guest star during season 4 of Real Husbands of Hollywood. In 2016 Johnson was featured in an It Got Better short documentary produced by L/Studio. In 2017 Johnson moderated a panel at BeautyCon called The Gender Revolution. In 2017 Johnson was a guest-host on The Real. In an ESPN interview with Kelley L. Carter, Johnson discussed his television experiences and plans to pursue a career in fashion.
In 2015 Johnson underwent gastric sleeve surgery. Johnson has been noted for his feminine and androgynous fashion style. He revealed that after Caitlyn Jenner's coming out as a transgender woman, he thought about transitioning, but decided against it.
Johnson is close friends with Gaïa Jacquet-Matisse, Kyra Kennedy, Reya Benitez, Ezra J. William, Andrew Warren, and Tiffany Trump. The group has been nicknamed the "Rich Kids of Instagram" by the New York Post and the "Snap Pack" by The New York Times and New York Magazine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to EJ Johnson.|
- "ESPN.com - E-ticket: Passing on the Magic". 25 November 2005.
- Schulman, Michael (2 September 2017). "EJ Johnson Is 'Not Just Some Other Rich Girl'" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Earvin Johnson III, Magic Johnson's Gay Son, Goes Public With Boyfriend, Parents Very Proud (VIDEO)". 2 April 2013 – via Huff Post.
- "Magic Johnson discusses son EJ's coming out on 'Ellen Show'".
- Staff, AOL. "Magic Johnson reveals he gets fashion advice from his 'fabulous' son EJ".
- "Magic Johnson's Advice to Parents of Gay Children: 'If You Don't Support Them, Who's Going To?'".
- "Magic Johnson Opens Up About EJ Johnson Coming Out as Gay".
- Wendy Williams (10 February 2014). "The Fabulous EJ Johnson" – via YouTube.
- "Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills". E! Online.
- "EJ Johnson Lands New Spinoff Series as E! Launches 'EJ and the City'". 1 April 2016.
- "EJ Johnson lands his own spinoff reality show".
- "EJNYC". E! Online.
- Hod, Itay (12 June 2014). "The Fabulous Life of EJ Johnson, the Stylish Son of the Lakers Legend" – via www.thedailybeast.com.
- Gerdes, Caroline. "EJ Johnson's Net Worth Shows The 'Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills' Star Lives Up To The Show's Name".
- lstudiopresents (24 May 2016). "It Got Better Featuring EJ Johnson - L/Studio Created by Lexus" – via YouTube.
- "Guest Co-Host EJ Johnson, CeCe Winans".
- "EJ Johnson building his own legacy - ESPN Video".
- "EJ Johnson Lost 50 Pounds With Surgery". 2 October 2014.
- "Magic Johnson's son has amazing style". 22 January 2016.
- Wendy Williams (5 May 2015). "EJ Johnson on Fashion, Dating & Weight Loss" – via YouTube.
- "EJ's Guide to Summer Dressing For the Fashion Fluid".
- "You BET-ter Work! from EJ Johnson's Fiercest Fashions". E! Online.
- "#RichKids of Beverly Hills Star EJ Johnson Talks East Coast Spin-off". 22 June 2016.
- "Why EJ Johnson is not transitioning". 29 June 2016.
- "The "Snap Pack": Tiffany Trump and her super-swanky friends". 31 March 2017.
- Rosman, Katherine (April 6, 2016). "Move Over, Rat Pack and Brat Pack: Here Comes the Snap Pack". The New York Times. Retrieved June 9, 2016.
- Jones, Allie (April 6, 2016). "Rich NYC Party Kids Just Trying to Inspire Others". New York. New York Media. Archived from the original on August 18, 2016. Retrieved July 13, 2016.