Dubai Meydan City
Dubai Meydan City is a new development under construction in the Ras Al Khor area of Dubai, UAE. The project was launched on the eve of the 2007 Dubai World Cup. The entire development will cover more than 40,000,000 square feet (3,700,000 m2) GFA (gross floor area) on a land size of around 15,000,000 square feet (1,400,000 m2). Meydan city is expected to be completed in 2020, while Meydan Racecourse officially opened on 27 March 2010. The development includes hotels, sky-bubble restaurant, entertainment, clubs, a concourse plaza, IMAX movie theater, towers and a boat-house.
Meydan Racecourse is able to accommodate over 60,000 spectators in a 1 mile long grandstand. When not used for races it will serve as a business and conference integrated facility. A horse racing museum and gallery are also planned. The development also includes a 9-hole golf course. The 7.5 million sq. m Meydan Racecourse includes Meydan Marina, The Meydan the world's first 5-star trackside hotel with 285 rooms, 2 race tracks and the Grandstand, which comprises a hotel, restaurants, a racing museum and 72 corporate suites for entertaining throughout the year. Meydan Free Zone also operates from the premises of the hotel.
Meydan One was announced in August 2015. It is a luxury district with a large scope of work. Covering an area of 3.67 million sq. ft. it will feature a mall (the Meydan One Mall), a 711 meter tall Dubai One Tower (billed now as the tallest residential tower in the world), a civic plaza and a 4 kilometer canal and marina with 100 berths. The project will be located in the area extending between Medyan Hotel and Al Khail Road and will be developed by Meydan City Corporation. Phase One of the project is expected to be completed by 2020 at the time that Dubai will host the Expo 2020.
Dubai One TowerEdit
Announced in August 2015, the Dubai One Tower (part of Meydan One District) is expected to be the world's tallest residential tower when complete. The tower will feature 885 residential apartments and a five star hotel with 350 rooms. The building will also feature a conference center, a 655 meter high observation deck, a 675 meter high restaurant and will be close to the proposed Meydan One Marina Yacht Club.
A gated residential haven of 198 luxury villas comes across as a visionary attempt to evoke and inspire the spirit of community living.
There are plans to build a tramline which will run from Meydan City to Meydan Racecourse and can carry around 10,000 people every hour.
- Reporter, Leslie Wilson Jr, Sports Editor; and Aya Lowe, Staff (15 December 2009). "Meydan race course construction on track". GulfNews. Archived from the original on 21 September 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Dubai's Meydan to build world's tallest residential tower, longest indoor ski slope". Gulf Business. 4 August 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- "Meydan Free Zone Company Formation | Business Setup". Business Setup Dubai - Company Setup Dubai UAE. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Meydan One District by Meydan City Corporation". Lookup.ae – Real Estate. Real Information. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Dubai One, Meydan One by Meydan City Corporation". Lookup.ae – Real Estate. Real Information. Retrieved 28 May 2018.