Dub Side of the Moon
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dub Side of the Moon is a dub reggae tribute to the 1973 Pink Floyd album, The Dark Side of the Moon, co-produced by Easy Star All-Stars founders Michael G (Michael Goldwasser) and Ticklah (Victor Axelrod). Dub Side of the Moon has remained on the Billboard Reggae Charts since its release in 2003.[verification needed] Easy Star All Stars released Dub Side of the Moon: Special Anniversary Edition, on CD and vinyl, on September 16, 2014.
|Dub Side of the Moon|
|Studio album by|
|Released||18 February 2003|
|Label||Easy Star Records|
|Producer||Michael G and Ticklah|
|Easy Star All-Stars chronology|
Included with the liner notes are instructions on how to synchronize the album with the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz and produce a variation of the perceived "Dark Side of the Rainbow" effect. The album has sold over 85,000 copies thus far and Easy Star All-Stars have been regularly touring in support of the album. Artist and Drummer Patrick Dougher performed on the recording but did not tour with the band.
A DVD of a live performance of Dub Side of the Moon was released by the Easy Star label in July 2006.
In 2010 the album was remixed in a bass-heavy dub style and reissued as Dubber Side of the Moon Easy Star All Stars released Dub Side of the Moon: Special Anniversary Edition on September 16, 2014.
|1.||"Speak to Me" / "Breathe (In the Air)"||Sluggy Ranks||3:52|
|2.||"On the Run"||3:23|
|3.||"Time"||Corey Harris and Ranking Joe||6:58|
|4.||"The Great Gig in the Sky"||Kirsty Rock||4:25|
|5.||"Money"||Gary "Nesta" Pine and Dollarman||6:26|
|6.||"Us and Them"||Frankie Paul||7:55|
|7.||"Any Colour You Like"||3:38|
|8.||"Brain Damage"||Dr. Israel||4:07|
|10.||"Time (Alternative Version)" (bonus track)||3:38|
|11.||"Great Dub in the Sky" (bonus track)||4:21|
|12.||"Step It Pon the Rastaman Scene" (bonus track)||Ranking Joe||4:02|
|13.||"Any Dub You Like" (bonus track)||3:22|
The original vinyl LP album omitted the bonus tracks.
- "iTunes - Music - Easy Star All-Stars". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "All-Stars". Easy Star. Archived from the original on 2012-02-05. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- Avilla, Bryan (2014-09-16). "Dub Side of the Moon Special Anniversary Edition Album Review". Mountain Weekly. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- Do™, What Should We (2019-03-19). "Meet the Insanely Stylish Rising Art Star Who Beat Homelessness and Addiction". What Should We Do™. Retrieved 2019-11-09.
- "Dubber Side of the Moon". Easystar.com. Archived from the original on 5 January 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2011.