This article needs to be updated.February 2018)(
Dreamworld Studios is an auditorium with production facilities located at the Dreamworld theme park on the Gold Coast, Australia. It is notable for being the location of Big Brother Australia’s live shows.
|Previous names||Music Bowl|
Dreamworld Studios opened in 1986 as the Music Bowl. Around 1990, the auditorium's name was changed to Dreamworld Amphitheatre before being renamed Dreamworld Studios in 2001 when Big Brother Australia began production.
Dreamworld Studios are mostly used during the production of Big Brother Australia. The Big Brother house is located a short walk away from the studios. This allowed live shows to take place in the auditorium. Big Brother was produced at Dreamworld from 2001 until 2008 for Network Ten and from 2012 until 2014 for the Nine Network.
During periods where Big Brother was not in production, Dreamworld Studios have been used for various temporary shows.
MTV Plugs Into Dreamworld (sometimes shortened to MTV Plugs In) was a temporary live show held in the Dreamworld Studios amphitheatre for the 2009—2010 summer school holidays. The show was run from 26 December 2009 to 22 January 2010. The 30 minute performance was shown 3 times a day and included a variety of music, dancing and stunts in a game show-like format.
The venue can also be hired.
- "Dreamworld History" (PDF). Dreamworld. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 December 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "Park Map". Dreamworld Dreamsite. 1991. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "Park Map". Dreamworld Dreamsite. 2002. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Molloy, Shannon (25 May 2007). "Big Brother: Behind the Scenes". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "Big Brother wants a reality check". Adelaide Now. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Believe in Dreams. In-park Advertising Leaflet. Dreamworld.
- Taylor, John. "What We Do - Grand Illusionary Magic - Believe in Dreams". John Taylor Magic. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "MTV announces new Dreamworld show". Queensland Times. 5 November 2009. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Wylie, Brooke (5 November 2009). "Live MTV show set to be a rollercoaster ride". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 24 March 2012.