Douglas and McIntyre (2013) Ltd. is a Canadian book publishing firm.
|Founder||Jim Douglas and Scott McIntyre|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Distribution||University of Toronto Press (Canada)|
Publishers Group West (US)
|Imprints||Douglas & McIntyre|
Douglas & McIntyre was founded by James Douglas and Scott McIntyre in 1971 as an independent publishing company based in Vancouver. Reorganized with new owners in 2008 as D&M Publishers Inc., it bought New Society Publishers. In October 2012 the company filed a Notice of Intention (NOI) under the Canadian bankruptcy act. D&M Publishers sold off its imprints while under NOI protection; New Society returned to its previous owners, the imprint Greystone Books was sold to a group headed by Heritage House Publishing and set up as a stand-alone company called Greystone Books Ltd. while the original Douglas & McIntyre list was sold to the owners of Harbour Publishing who placed it under a new independent company, Douglas and McIntyre (2013) Ltd.
It is the publisher of Douglas Coupland, poet Robert Bringhurst, anthropologist Wade Davis, chef Rob Feenie, artists Bill Reid and Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas; and the journalist Susan Delacourt. Its full titles list stands at over 1000, with over 500 active titles.
- ^ "Booksellers - Douglas & McIntyre". Archived from the original on 2017-11-16. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- ^ "Bankrupt publisher saved by B.C. competitor | CBC News". CBC. Retrieved 2020-12-28.
- ^ "Douglas & McIntyre owner files for bankruptcy". CBC News. October 22, 2012. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- ^ Heritage House Publishing Acquires Greystone Books
- ^ D&M Publishers Finds Buyer for Douglas & McIntyre Imprint
- ^ D&M's New Society Imprint Sold
- ^ "Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas - Douglas & McIntyre". www.douglas-mcintyre.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-30.
- ^ Douglas & McIntyre author list Archived October 5, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Montreal Gazette Archived November 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Douglas & McIntyre About page Archived October 5, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- A publisher who isn't waiting for a miracle[dead link] BC Business 1991 profile of Douglas & McIntyre co-founder Scott McIntyre
- Official website
- Records of Douglas & McIntyre are held by Simon Fraser University's Special Collections and Rare Books