Legursky with the Pittsburgh Steelers
|No. 64, 59, 57|
|Born:||June 9, 1986|
Frankfurt, West Germany
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||315 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Beckley (WV) Woodrow Wilson|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015 season|
High school careerEdit
He played at Woodrow Wilson High School in Beckley, West Virginia. The 2003 Hunt Award Winner as the best lineman in the state of West Virginia, was awarded to Legursky. On September 4, 2009, Legursky was inducted to the Woodrow Wilson Football Hall Of Fame.
He set 2 Marshall weight room records for the squat (705 lbs.) and the hang clean (430 lbs.) as a three-year starter at Marshall.
Legursky signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent in April 28, 2008. He was released on June 28 but re-signed the following day. Legursky was released by the team during final cuts on August 30, but re-signed to the team's practice squad on October 1 after guard Kendall Simmons was placed on injured reserve.
Legursky replaced Pouncey during the Steelers's 24-19 AFC Championship Game win on January 23, 2011. Legursky started his very first game at center in Super Bowl XLV due to Pro Bowl rookie Maurkice Pouncey's ankle injury. Although Legursky fumbled a snap to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on the goal line resulting in a Jets safety, he helped RB Rashard Mendenhall run for a playoff career-high 121 yards and one touchdown. The Steelers lost to the Green Bay Packers 31-25 in Super Bowl XLV. After not being re-signed by the Steelers after the 2010-2011 season, Legursky became an unrestricted free agent.
San Diego ChargersEdit
Pittsburgh Steelers (second stint)Edit
On August 25, 2015, it was announced that the Pittsburgh Steelers had re-signed Legursky. He was released on September 5, 2015 but re-signed the next day after Maurkice Pouncey was placed on injured reserve.
In 2017, Legursky served as the offensive line coach at Deer Lakes High School in Cheswick, Pennsylvania.
- News Service, ESPN (February 4, 2011). "Pouncey out, Legursky to Start". ESPN. ESPN.com. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- "Super Bowl XLV - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers - February 6th, 2011". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- "C-G Doug Legursky signed by Bills". Archived from the original on June 8, 2013. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- Adam Schefter [@AdamSchefter] (September 11, 2014). "With Nick Hardwick out for the year, Chargers plan to sign former Steelers and Bills OL Doug Legursky" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Steelers reduce roster to 53 players; sign cornerback Ross Cockrell". Steelers.com. September 5, 2015. Archived from the original on September 3, 2017. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- "Steelers place Maurkice Pouncey on Reserve/Injured; Designated for Return List". Steelers.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved January 31, 2017.