Dosth (2001 Tamil film)
Dosth (English: Friend) is a 2001 Tamil action crime film directed by S. A. Chandrasekhar. The film features Sarathkumar and Abhirami in lead roles whilst Raghuvaran, Prakash Raj and Indu play supporting roles. The film has received to mixed reviews.
|Directed by||S. A. Chandrasekhar|
|Produced by||K. Muralidharan|
|Written by||R. Saminathan (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||S. A. Chandrasekhar|
|Story by||S. A. Chandrasekhar|
|Edited by||B. S. Vasu|
Vishwa (Sarathkumar) and Raghu (Raghuvaran) are the closest of friends. Of course, the former is true while the latter is merely a mercenary. Nothing matters to Raghu except money. He uses his rich friend as a ruse to rise in status. Devoted to his selfish friend, Vishwa is too naive to know that Raghu is a scheming archetypal villain who could ruin him for money. When he does realize the truth, it is too late - he is already a wreck, estranged from his child and lover and behind bars. Now it is time for revenge.
- Sarathkumar as Vishwanath
- Abhirami as Anamika
- Raghuvaran as Raghu
- Prakash Raj as Neelakanda Brahmachari
- Indhu as Gowri
- Santhana Bharathi as Judge
- Sriman as Dharmaraj
- Nizhalgal Ravi as Jail Superintendent
- Besant Ravi as Police Inspector
- Mohan Sharma as I. G.
- Crazy Mohan as Astrologer
- Mahanadi Shankar as Seller
- Thalapathi Dinesh as Fighter
- Saranya Mohan as a child in cemetery
- Vadivelu as Bomb Bakri (special appearance)
- Kasthuri in a special appearance
- K. S. Ravikumar in a special appearance
- Ramji in a special appearance
Lyrics written by Vaali.
- "Film Review: Dost". The Hindu. 6 July 2001. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 April 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)