Donald Macintyre (journalist)
This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||Cardiff School of Journalism|
|Occupation||Journalist for The Independent|
As Labour Editor at The Times, he did not go to Wapping when Rupert Murdoch transferred production there in January 1986, later that year joining The Independent before its launch with his two fellow NUJ "refuseniks" on the labour staff, David Felton and Barrie Clement. He joined The Sunday Telegraph as Political Editor in 1987, leaving it for the short-lived Sunday Correspondent in 1990 before joining first The Independent on Sunday and then The Independent as Political Editor (1993-96).
Macintyre was the Jerusalem correspondent for The Independent (2004-12), mainly covering Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories but also travelling to Iraq, Turkey, Egypt and Libya for the paper, on which he was previously the Chief Political Commentator (1996–2004).
- Talking about Trade Unions, Wayland, 29 November 1979; ISBN 978-0853402237
- (Co-author) Strike: Thatcher, Scargill and the Miners Peter Wilsher, Donald Macintyre and Michael Jones Deutsch, September 1985, ISBN 0 233 97825 9
- Mandelson: And the Making of New Labour, HarperCollins; New Edition (18 September 2000), ISBN 0-00-653062-1
- Gaza: Preparing for Dawn, October 2017, ISBN 1786071061
- The PIWP list of Macintyre's 1,459 articles about the Middle East since 2004 (as of 23 July 2012) - requires clicking through to generate the SQL commands for a subset of the output; Many articles contain comments by various authors
- Long list (668 as of 12 April 2011) of Donald Macintyre's articles in Journalisted
- List of 2,846 (as of 23 July 2012) of Donald Macintyre's articles in High Beam Research
- About MacIntyre
- “Peace envoy” Blair gets an easy ride in the Independent, ML, 20 July 2010. Contains a critique of MacIntyre's reportage.
- Bogus Parallels - The Independent's Donald Macintyre Responds, ML, 9 August 2010. Follow-up on the 20 July article.
- "Profile: Donald Macintyre". The Independent. ESI Media.
- "Wapping dispute 30 years on: How Rupert Murdoch changed labour relations - and newspapers - forever". Independent. ESI Media. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- Clement, Barrie (1 April 2011). "Refusenik with no regrets". The Journalist. National Union of Journalists – via Issuu.
- "Israel: Macintyre wins media peace award". The Independent. ESI Media. 13 April 2011.
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|