Don Basile is an entrepreneur and high tech investor with 20 years of experience in technology, healthcare, and telecommunications. Basile has driven innovation at leading public and private companies in areas including data networking, data storage, cable, telecommunications, computing and semiconductors. He has been involved with the management, growth and sale of companies valued at more than $2 billion.
|Education||Stanford University, Ph.D. & M.S. in Electrical Engineering|
|Occupation||High Tech Investor|
Don Basile currently serves as an investor in multiple companies, including Cumulus Logic, which is building a cloud-based multi-tenant real-time analytics platform. He is a contributing author at Tech Crunch and The Next Web.
Basile is an investor in Cumulus Logic, a startup founded in 2014 that is building a cloud-based multi-tenant real-time analytics platform, in a stealthy mobile startup concerned with geo-location, Liqipel (a nanotech-based smartphone protection tech biz), Calient Technologies (3D MEMS optical circuit switching for software-defined data centers and transport networks), RiverMeadow Software, and Sureline Systems (application mobility).
In 2006, Basile became Chairman of the Board at Fusion-io and became CEO two years later, where he convinced Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak to come on as chief scientist. In his first year as CEO, the company achieved over $10M in sales and earned a Red Herring Global 100 award. After leading Fusion-io through A and B rounds of funding, Basile transitioned to Violin Memory, as their CEO.
Basile led Violin to raise over $400m, announce a strategic partnership with Toshiba Corporation, the inventor of NAND flash. After more than four years of collaboration, Violin terminated Basile. 
Basile spent nearly four years as vice-president and managing director of Raza Foundries, Inc. (RFI), a broadband networking and communications investment company. Prior to RFI, he served as Director of Operations and Partnerships at Remarq Communities, Inc. formerly known as Supernews, an Internet infrastructure provider that provided cloud services to Excite, eBay, Lycos, Amazon and other internet brands. Basile also held management positions at Netfish Technologies, Inc., a leader in XML ecommerce; Lenfest Communications, a pioneer in the cable television industry; and UnitedHealth Group, a diversified managed health care company, which he helped grow from $560M to $1.2B.
- "Iron Capital Appoints Dr. Don Basile as Managing Director for Venture Arm". April 8, 2009. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- "Look out, Silicon Valley – Don Basile is back to kick ass and chew gum". The Register. September 25, 2015. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- "Don Basile - Contributing Author at Tech Crunch". Tech Crunch. December 9, 2015. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- "Don Basile - Author at The Next Web". The Next Web. September 25, 2015. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- "Iron Capital: Don Basile managing director for Venture Arm". Post Online Media. April 9, 2009. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Violin Memory Winning Over The Intelligence Community - Is The Fortune 100 Next?". Seeking Alpha. April 8, 2009. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "The man who wooed Woz". Fortune. February 13, 2009. Retrieved 10 August 2015..
- "Violin Memory Fires CEO Don Basile - Business Insider". Business Insider. 16 December 2013.
- "Executive Profile". Bloomberg.com.