Dorothy Margaret Watts (1910–1990), known professionally as Dodo Watts, was a British stage and film actress. She played Fay Eaton in the 1929 Broadway version of Ian Hay's play The Middle Watch, and reprised her role in the 1930 British film version the following year. When her career wound down, she became a business woman, owning a successful millinery firm in London's West End. She was later a casting director, and head of casting for ABC Television (later Thames Television); and largely responsible for casting Diana Rigg in the role of Emma Peel in The Avengers TV series. She later became a theatrical agent.
Dorothy Margaret Watts
27 December 1910
|Died||25 December 1990 (aged 79)|
|Occupation||Actress and casting director|
- "Dodo Watts". Archived from the original on 15 January 2009.
- League, The Broadway. "The Middle Watch – Broadway Play – Original - IBDB". www.ibdb.com.
- "The Middle Watch (1930) - Norman Walker - Cast and Crew - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "East Anglian Film Archive: Eastern Sunshine, c.1933". www.eafa.org.uk.
- "Julia MacDermot - Obituaries - The Stage". 28 February 2011.
- Tracy, Kathleen (6 January 2015). Diana Rigg: The Biography. BenBella Books, Inc. ISBN 9781941631379 – via Google Books.