(Redirected from Dock (disambiguation))
|Look up Dock, dock, or docked in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dock may refer to:
- The Dock, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- The Dock, Washington, D.C., United States
- The Dock Gymnasium, Louisiana State University Shreveport, United States
- Docks (nightclub) in Hamburg, Germany
- The Docks Waterfront Entertainment Complex in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- The former name of Devonport, Devon, now a part of the city of Plymouth
- Execution Dock in London
- Cross dock, moving material directly, one truck to another.
- Dock (maritime), either the area of water taken by a vessel when tied to a man-made structure (pier, wharf, float, etc.) or group of structures involved in the handling of boats or ships, usually on or close to a shore, or the structures themselves.
- Dry dock, Float-in, drain, repair, fill, float-out: facility for ships.
- Floating dock (disambiguation), any dock that permits ships to unload and load at a set water level irrespective of tide
- Loading dock, an area for trucks to deliver or receive cargo.
- Docking and berthing of spacecraft, a spaceflight operation used to transfer personnel or materials from a spacecraft to another or for using one of the two spacecraft as a booster