Disappearance of Jared Negrete
Jared Michael Negrete
September 11, 1978
|Disappeared||July 11, 1991 (aged 12)|
San Bernardino County, California
|Status||Missing for 28 years, 6 months and 7 days|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
Negrete had gone with his fellow Boy Scouts on a camping trip, which was the first trip that he would spend overnight. He somehow got separated from his group, likely after falling behind and then going off on the wrong trail. Negrete was last seen wearing green Boy Scout pants, with a tan-colored T-shirt (possibly a Boy Scout-style T-shirt), and with black high-top tennis shoes 
Investigation and aftermathEdit
When a search was conducted to find Negrete, twelve snapshots were developed from a camera that was discovered that may have belonged to him. The 19-day search combed the area of the 11,500-foot Mt. San Gorgonio. Shoe prints were found at about 10,000 feet matching those of Negrete. Also found was his backpack, as well as some beef jerky and candy wrappers, but Negrete himself could not be located. In 2001 Jared's father Felipe Negrete became involved with a case of another hiker who got lost in the same area, a 16-year-old boy named William Parven.
- Good, Meaghan Elizabeth. "The Charley Project: Jared Michael Negrete". www.charleyproject.org. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Detail Results". dojapp.doj.ca.gov. Archived from the original on 2017-09-18. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- NEWTON, EDMUND (1991-07-29). "Missing Scout Took Picture of Himself : Search: His camera is found. Most of the photos were landscape scenes but final shot on the roll of film was of his eyes and nose". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Jared Michael Negrete". www.nampn.org. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "The Doe Network: Case File 395DMCA". www.doenetwork.org. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "3. The Disappearance Of Jared Negrete - Gistmania - Gistmania". Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- GOLD, SCOTT (2001-08-09). "Lost Hiker Rekindles the Pain for Couple Whose Own Son Vanished". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2017-07-03.