Direct service organisation
A direct service organisation or direct labour organisation (DSO or DLO) is a business unit of a United Kingdom local authority or housing association which undertakes work specified by the Local Government Act 1988 and Local Government, Planning and Land Act 1980 and/or other work, including construction and maintenance. Its workers are directly employed by the authority.
- http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/localgovernment/pdf/1194710.pdf Archived 2012-04-05 at the Wayback Machine Glossary of terms and acronyms, Department for Communities and Local Government
- http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/docserver/fulltext/abvitbe.27886.bm03.pdf?expires=1336578967&id=id&accname=guest&checksum=DEA607E99EA177B15387231E04BCBBDA, ICE
- Data Sources and Definitions: Public Sector Employment - Background Notes, Scottish Government
- SocietyGuardian, The Guardian
- http://www.cipfa.org.uk/thejournal/download/jour_vol5_no2_c.pdf Archived 2010-12-24 at the Wayback Machine Cost Saving Through Competitive Tendering: The Case of Refuse Collection Revisited, Tonge, Richard & Willett, Caroline, University of Portsmouth, CIPFA