|San Diego Padres – No. 29|
|Born: July 18, 1992|
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
|May 25, 2017, for the San Diego Padres|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Earned run average||4.37|
An international free agent, Lamet agreed to a contract with the Philadelphia Phillies in 2012, but a problem with his documentation prevented the deal from being completed. The San Diego Padres signed Lamet in June 2014 for a $100,000 signing bonus. He made his professional debut with the Dominican Summer Padres of the Dominican Summer League, and pitched to a 2.99 earned run average (ERA) for the Fort Wayne TinCaps of the Class A Midwest League in 2015. In 2016, Lamet began the season with the Lake Elsinore Storm of the Class A-Advanced California League.
The Padres promoted Lamet to the San Antonio Missions of the Class AA Texas League and then to the El Paso Chihuahuas of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League. Lamet finished 2016 posting a 12–10 win–loss record with a 3.00 ERA. He returned to El Paso to start the 2017 season. Lamet made his major league debut on May 25. After being named to the Padres' Opening Day roster in 2018, Lamet injured the ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow in his throwing arm. He underwent Tommy John surgery and missed the 2018 season.
In 2019, Lamet played for Lake Elsinore and El Paso before being activated from the injured list on July 4. In 14 start, Lamet recorded an ERA of 4.07 with a record of 3-5. He struck out 105 batters in 73 innings.
- Lin, Dennis (May 24, 2017). "Dinelson Lamet, once an unheralded prospect, arrives on major league stage". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- "Padres Minors: Dinelson Lamet- A Name to Remember". East Village Times. May 1, 2016. Retrieved August 12, 2016.
- "Dinelson Lamet streaking for Lake Elsinore". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved August 12, 2016.
- "Dinelson Lamet". El Paso Chihuahuas. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- "Dinelson Lamet Stats, Highlights, Bio — MiLB.com Stats — The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Dinelson Lamet pitching his way into Padres' big league plans". The San Diego Union-Tribune. May 13, 2017. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- "Padres prospect Dinelson Lamet to debut Thursday". The San Diego Union-Tribune. April 20, 2017. Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- AJ Cassavell (July 3, 2019). "What Lamet's return means for San Diego". MLB.com. Retrieved July 4, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Dinelson Lamet on Instagram
|This biographical article relating to a Dominican Republic baseball pitcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|