Digangana Suryavanshi is an Indian Film and Television actress, singer and author. Suryavanshi has played the character of Veera Kaur Sampooran Singh in the popular Star Plus TV series Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera. She participated in the reality show Bigg Boss 9 in 2015.
|Born||15 October 1997|
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's High School, Mumbai|
Mithibai College, Mumbai
|Known for||Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera|
Suryavanshi is the only child of Neeraj Suryavanshi and Sarita Suryavanshi. Suryavanshi frequently mentions her nani (maternal grandmother) 
Suryavanshi completed her schooling at St. Xavier's Higher School, Mumbai. She completed her 12th board at Mithibai College, where she sat the exams during the shooting of Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera,  She is currently pursuing the final year of a BA degree.[year needed]
Suryavanshi started her career at the age of 7 as a child artist, debuting with the TV series Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat in 2002. Suryavanshi also played supporting roles in shows like Shakuntala (2009), Krisshna Arjun and Ruk Jaana Nahin (2011–12). Suryavanshi landed her big break with Star Plus soap opera Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera (2012–15) in the lead role, where she played the title role. Her performance in the series earned her an Indian Telly Award nomination in 2014. She was one of contestants in the reality show Bigg Boss 9 on Colors TV and was evicted on December 7, 2015. Suryavanshi participated in the Indian sports reality television show Box Cricket League Season I, played for Mumbai Warriors and Season II, played for Mumbai Tigers.
Suryavanshi debuted in Bollywood with two films FryDay alongside Govinda and Jalebi under the banner Vishesh Films by Mukesh Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt. Coincedently, Suryavanshi had both the films release date as 12 October 2018. Suryavanshi acted in the lead role with Govinda in the movie Rangeela Raja released on 18 January 2019.
Suryavanshi played the lead actress in Telugu film Hippi, under the banner V. Creations, as the female lead, directed by Krishnan K.T. Nagarajan.. The critics have appreciated Suryavanshi's role in the movie, Hemanth Kumar wrote Digangana Suryavanshi, the lead actress, is good in her role and she might be the only one who took her role far too seriously in the film. Right from her introduction scene to the climax, she’s consistently good in terms of her body language and her attitude that the role required.
|2002||Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat||N/A||Child artist|||
|2010||Saath Nibhaana Saathiya||Karishma||Cameo|||
|Ruk Jaana Nahin||Palakshi Tarachand Mathur|
|2012||Qubool Hai||Nuzzhat Ahmed Khan|
|2013–15||Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera||Veera Baldev Singh|
|2014–15||Box Cricket League||Contestant||Player in Mumbai Warriors|||
|2015||Bigg Boss 9||Entered Day 1, Evicted Day 57|||
|2016||Box Cricket League 2||Player in Mumbai Tigers|||
|2019||Hippi||Amuktamalyada aka Amu||Telugu||Telugu debut|
|2019||Dhanusu Raasi Neyargale||KR Vijaya||Tamil||Tamil debut|
|2020||Valayam||Disha (Title Role)||Telugu||Post Production (Releasing on 31st Jan 2020)|
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
Music video and albumsEdit
Suryavanshi got her first music album released at the age of 10, called "Devi Kheer Khalo" it's in local MP language. Suryavanshi's second music album was released at the age of 11, called "Shardamai Ki Madhuliya" it's also a devotional album.
Suryavanshi became the youngest celebrity contestant to have entered the popular reality show Bigg Boss 9 as she was only 17 years old when she entered the house and turned 18 in the house. 
Digangana came as a sparkling brook into Jalebi. She just dazzled me with her scenes being fresh & with no prior reference to her acting. She's a talent one needs to look out for.
It is a cliché, but age is just a number. If you are a good performer, audiences will see beyond how you look, what your age is or where you have come from. I have not seen her past work, but Digangana’s work act speaks volumes of her experience. She is a mature actor, and I guess her performance will speak for her.
I remember filming our first few scenes. I had honestly prepared myself for a couple of retakes as I have worked with many newbies and they do take some time or are rather nervous in settling in, but Digangana came as a surprise. With very little to almost no retakes, she was confident in her skin, and that’s a quality you see in a rising star. I hope audiences like us on this joyride together.
Suryavanshi was acclaimed for her performance in her debut Telugu film Hippi.
She has done extraordinary work in the film and she will rule the industry in the coming years
She is going to be the ‘Darling of Tollywood’ soon. She is very dedicated to her work and cooperative with others. Digangana has grasped the language with utmost professionalism despite not being very familiar with Telugu
- "DIGANGANA SURYAVANSHI". Times of India. 17 December 2019.
- Tiwari, Vijaya (18 October 2012). "I dedicate my book to my maternal grandma: Digangana Suryavanshi". Times of India. TNN.
She turned fifteen on 15 October 2012 [...] She launched a book of English Lyrics titled "Waves" [...]
- "Talent of the week : Digangana Suryavanshi". televisionworld.in. 27 August 2013. Archived from the original on 27 October 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Digangana Suryavanshi". Archived from the original on 28 March 2013.
A writer, singer & an actress
- "Meet the new Veera on telly". The Asian Age. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
Digangana Suryavanshi, who was last seen as Nuzhat in Qubool Hai is back on TV as the grown-up Veera in Veera.
- "'Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera' to be shot in Delhi". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
[...] Digangana Suryavanshi (who will play the grown-up Veera) [...]
- "Popular TV show Veera begins airing on Zee Telugu after being dubbed in Telugu". Tellychakkar. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "Bigg Boss 9 contstant Digangana Suryavanshi". IndiaTV News. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Ek Veer Ki Aardaas... Veera actress Digangana Suryavanshi on a record, Find out!". DNA India.
- "HSC results out: Young TV stars perform excellently". TellyChakkar.com. 25 May 2015.
- "HSC results out: Young TV stars perform excellently". Divya Bhaskar. 29 May 2015.
- "Bigg Boss 9 Contestant No 1: Digangana Suryavanshi, 'Veera' out on hunt without her 'Veer'?". Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Bigg Boss 9: Digangana Suryavanshi gets evicted". Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Bigg Boss 9: Digangana Out, Says Priya Malik is 'Playing a Smart Game'". Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "200 Actors, 10 Teams, and 1 Winner... Let The Game Begin". Times Of India. 18 December 2015.
- "BCL Recipe: Bigg Boss brand controversies, soap masala and a pinch of cricket". India Today Group. 11 March 2016.
- "Digangana Suryavanshi all set for a double Bollywood debut". IN.com. 10 September 2018.
- "Rangeela Raja title song: A quirky track featuring Govinda and his popular hook steps, with Benny Dayal's vocals". First Post. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "RX100 fame Kartikeya's Hippi goes on floors". The Indian Express. 9 November 2018. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Hippi movie review". First Post. 9 June 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Love story, fantasy will influence me to write novel". Zee News. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
[...]Love story, fantasy will influence me to write novel [...]
- "Televisions World Latest Entertainment".
- "Box Cricket League Teams: BCL 2014 Team Details With TV Actors & Names of Celebrities". india.com. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Digangana Suryavanshi: The first 17-year-old Bigg Boss contestant". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "200 Actors, 10 Teams, and 1 Winner... Let The Game Begin". India.com. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Digangana and Laksh Chadalavadas next is Valayam". Times Of India. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- "Digangana Suryavanshi to play a TV journalist". Deccan Chronical. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Digangana Suryavanshi launches book of English lyrics on her birthday". Glamgold. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Love story, fantasy will influence me to write novel: Digangana". Business Standard. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Ek Veer Ki Aardaas... Veera actress Digangana Suryavanshi on a record". dnaindia.com. 31 January 2019.
- "Didn't see this coming: Digangana on double debut in Bollywood". business-standard.com. 30 September 2018.
- "Digangana came as a sparkling brook into Jalebi : Mahesh Bhatt". tellychakkar.com. 12 October 2018.
- "Govinda Says His 'FryDay' Co-Star Digangana Has a Quality to be the Star". indiawest.com. 15 October 2018.
- "Digangana Suryavanshi is going to rule the industry in coming days". abplive.in. 9 June 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Digangana Suryavanshi.|