|Full name||Diego Sebastián Rodríguez Cano|
|Date of birth||28 May 1988|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Date of death||11 September 2010(aged 22)|
|Place of death||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Rodríguez was seriously injured in a car crash in Montevideo on 9 September 2010, and was admitted to the ICU at Montevideo's La Española hospital. He had suffered brain and chest trauma as a result of the accident, and died two days later of cardiac arrest at the age of 22. Following Rodríguez' death, tributes came in from Uruguayan football players: national team players Luis Suárez and Diego Forlán both dedicated their goals scored on Saturday to the memory of Rodríguez, as did Mario Regueiro, Luis Aguiar, Edinson Cavani and Sebastián "El Loco" Abreu. Forlán also commented the death on his Twitter account, offering his "condolences to Rodríguez' family, friends, fans of Nacional, and to football in Uruguay".
- "Falleció Diego Rodríguez" (in Spanish). Ovación Diario Deportivo Digital. 11 September 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- "Falleció Diego Rodríguez" (in Spanish). Noticias Observa Uruguay. 11 September 2010. Archived from the original on 14 September 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- "Goles uruguayos para El Oreja" (in Spanish). Noticias Observa Uruguay. 11 September 2010. Archived from the original on 14 September 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- "Abreu justifica comemoração discreta com morte de colega" (in Portuguese). Editora Abril. 13 September 2010. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Twitter / Diego Forlan: Mi más sentido pésame a la ..." (in Spanish). DiegoForlan7. 11 September 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2010.