Did You Say Chicks?!
Did You Say Chicks?! is an anthology of fantasy stories, edited by Esther M. Friesner, with a cover by Larry Elmore. It consists of works featuring female protagonists by (mostly) female authors. It was first published in paperback by Baen Books in February 1998. It was the second of a number of similarly themed anthologies edited by Friesner.
Cover of first edition.
|Author||Edited by Esther M. Friesner|
|Cover artist||Larry Elmore|
|Series||Chicks in Chainmail|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Preceded by||Chicks in Chainmail|
|Followed by||Chicks 'n Chained Males|
The book collects 19 short stories and novelettes by various fantasy authors, with an introduction by Friesner and a section of notes about the authors.
- "Introduction" (Esther M. Friesner)
- "No Pain, No Gain" (Elizabeth Moon)
- "Slue-Foot Sue and the Witch in the Woods" (Laura Frankos)
- "A Young Swordswoman's Garden Primer" (Sarah Zettel)
- "The Old Fire" (Jody Lynn Nye)
- "Like No Business I Know" (Mark Bourne)
- "A Bone to Pick" (Marina Frants and Keith R. A. DeCandido)
- "The Attack of the Avenging Virgins" (Elizabeth Ann Scarborough)
- "Oh, Sweet Goodnight!" (Christina Briley and Walter Vance Awsten)
- "A Bitch in Time" (Doranna Durgin)
- "Don't You Want to Be Beautiful?" (Laura Anne Gilman)
- "A Night with the Girls" (Barbara Hambly)
- "A Quiet Knight's Reading" (Steven Piziks)
- "Armor Propre" (Jan Stirling and S. M. Stirling)
- "A Big Hand for the Little Lady" (Esther M. Friesner)
- "Blade Runner" (K. D. Wentworth)
- "Keeping Up Appearances" (Lawrence Watt-Evans)
- "La Différence" (Harry Turtledove)
- "Tales from the Slushpile" (Margaret Ball)
- "Yes, We Did Say Chicks!" (Adam-Troy Castro)
- "About the Authors" (uncredited)
|This article about a fantasy short story is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|