Dick Barton Strikes Back
Dick Barton Strikes Back is a 1949 British film about special agent Dick Barton. It was the third of three films that Hammer Film Productions made about the agent, although it was the second released.
|Dick Barton Strikes Back|
|Directed by||Godfrey Grayson|
|Produced by||Anthony Hinds|
|Written by||Elizabeth Baron and Ambrose Grayson, based on a story by Ambrose Grayson|
|Distributed by||Exclusive Films|
Captain Richard 'Dick' Barton and his associate; Snowey White, uncover a spyring of international psychopathic criminals with plans to dominate Great Britain, if not, the world, using a terrifying weapon of mass destruction...
The film's title during production was Dick Barton and the Silent Plague.
- Don Stannard as Dick Barton
- Bruce Walker as Snowey White
- Sebastian Cabot as Fouracada
- James Raglan as Lord Armadale
- Jean Lodge as Tina
- Morris Sweden as Robert Creston
- John Harvey as Major Henderson
- Humphrey Kent as Colonel Gardener
- Sidney Vivian as Inspector Burke
- Tony Morelli as Nicholas
- George Crawford as Alex
- Larry Taylor as Nick (as Laurie Taylor)
Mystery File wrote "This is a little kid’s idea of a Spy Movie, with transparent trickery, obvious “surprise” villains and character development just below the level of a CLUE game, but it was clearly also the precursor of the James Bond films, with the suave, hard-fighting hero flung in and out of the clutches of sinister villains and predatory females with equal aplomb. It’s a time-waster, sure, but a fun thing, with death rays, a sinister carnival and a really gripping final set-to up and down a (rather unsettlingly phallic) tower." while The Spinning Image found "An excellent example of pure pulp cinema, Dick Barton Strikes Back is solidly entertaining and never flags, right up to the finish line." and TV Guide called it "The best of the three "Dick Barton" films."
- "Dick Barton Strikes Back (1949)". BFI.
- "Dick Barton Strikes Back (1949) - Godfrey Grayson - Review". AllMovie.
- Bruce G. Hallenbeck, British Cult Cinema: Hammer Fantasy and Sci-Fi, Hemlock Books 2011 p46
- "» A Movie Review by Dan Stumpf: DICK BARTON STRIKES BACK (1949)".
- "Dick Barton Strikes Back Review (1949)". www.thespinningimage.co.uk.
- "Dick Barton Strikes Back - TV Guide". TVGuide.com.
|This article related to a British film of the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|