January 13, 1981
|Alma mater||Hofstra University (B.S., Broadcast Journalism, 2003)|
|Occupation||former Television anchor|
|Spouse(s)||Ducis Rodgers (2007-present)|
Education and careerEdit
Perez graduated from Hofstra University in 2003 with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She interned at LI News Tonight at NYIT in 2005. Perez was also a desk assistant and assignment editor for WCBS-2 before appearing on camera. From January 2006 to June 2008 Perez was a morning anchor and reporter at News 12 The Bronx. In June 2008, she joined NBC Connecticut as a fill-in anchor and New Haven Bureau reporter. She held that position until March 4, 2011, when she moved to WBZ in Boston as an anchor and reporter. Perez left WBZ in March 2012.
In May 2012, Perez joined ABC News as a correspondent for NewsOne. She was also an occasionally fill-in co-host for ABC's World News Now and America This Morning beginning May 14, 2012. Perez became permanent co-host of World News Now and America This Morning, alongside Rob Nelson, on February 4, 2013, replacing Paula Faris. On May 30, 2014, she retired from anchoring both programs and is now a full-time mother.
Perez was born in Philadelphia and grew up in Queens, New York. She married Ducis Rodgers on July 28, 2007. Their son, Devin Beau, was born on September 24, 2012, weighing 7lbs., 13oz. In January 2014, their second son, Dylan, was born.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2013-12-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- New York Times, 29 July 2007 (login maybe required)
- Twitter / duciswild: It's my wife's birthday today
- "Show Biographies". Archived from the original on 2014-03-09. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Alumni: 2005 - 2009 | Alumni | LI News Tonight | NYIT[permanent dead link]
- WVIT's Diana Perez Leaving For Boston - Hartford Courant
- On the Move, 5/15/12 - TVSpy
- On the Move, 3/7/11 - TVSpy
- ABC News Shifts Correspondents - TVNewser
- Diana Perez personal Twitter page
- World News Now, February 4, 2013
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-08. Retrieved 2019-11-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)