Diána Detre (born November 22, 1983 in Budapest) is a Hungarian windsurfer, who specialized in Neil Pryde RS:X class. A two-time Olympian (2008 and 2012), she has been currently training for Balatonfuredi Yacht Club in Balatonfüred under her coach Christophe Boutet. Detre also came from a traditional pedigree of top-class sailors, as her father Szabolcs Detre, along with his twin brother and daughter's uncle Zsolt Detre, captured a bronze medal in the Flying Dutchman at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow. As of September 2013, Detre is ranked no. 79 in the world for the sailboard class by the International Sailing Federation.
|Full name||Diána Klaudia Detre|
|Born||22 November 1983|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb)|
|Club||Balatonfuredi Yacht Club|
Detre made her official debut at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, where she placed twenty-second in the newly introduced RS:X class with a net score of 185, trailing Cyprus' Gavriella Chatzidamianou by a scant, three-point gap.
At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Detre competed for her second Hungarian team in the RS:X class by receiving a berth from the ISAF Sailing World Championships in Perth, Western Australia. Struggling to attain a higher position in ten opening stages, Detre improved her standard with a net score of 150 points to pick up an eighteenth spot in a fleet of twenty-six sailors.
- "Diána Detre". London 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Diána Detre". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Molnar, Csába (29 July 2012). "Rajtol az "úri sport" - kezdődnek a vitorlás versenyek" [Starting from the "gentleman's sport" at the regattas] (in Hungarian). Heti Világgazdaság. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Women's RS:X". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 28 July 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Gádorfalvi 19, Detre 22, helyen zárt a szörfösöknél" [Gádorfalvi and Detre finished 19th and 22nd in windsurfing] (in Hungarian). Origo. 19 August 2008. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "London 2012 – Detre Diána részt vehet az olimpián" [London 2012 – Diána Detre takes part at the Olympics] (in Hungarian). A Kiválasztott. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Vitorlázás: Detre Diána olimpiai kvótát szerzett a szörf szakágban" [Sailing: Diána Detre takes the Olympic quota in windsurfing] (in Hungarian). Hungarian Olympic Committee. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Women's RS:X". London 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a Hungarian sports person is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|