Dhananjay (Bengali: ধনঞ্জয়, romanized: Dhônonjôy) is a 2017 Indian Bengali language drama film directed by Arindam Sil and produced by Shrikant Mohta and Mahendra Soni under the banner of SVF Entertainment. The film featuring Anirban Bhattacharya, Kaushik Sen, is story of Dhananjoy Chatterjee, a security guard hanged for the rape and murder of a student. The film was released on 11 August 2017.
|Directed by||Arindam Sil|
|Screenplay by||Padmanabha Dasgupta |
|Music by||Bickram Ghosh|
|Edited by||Sujay Datta Ray|
|Distributed by||SVF Entertainment|
Dhananjoy's story is based on the conviction of Dhananjoy Chatterjee, accused for the gruesome murder of Hetal Parekh, which took place in the year 1990. On the basis of circumstantial evidence and on the basis of the deceased mother's statement, Dhananjoy Chatterjee a security guard, was executed and hanged to death on the early hours of 15 August 2004, after serving imprisonment for 14 long years and after having appealed to all levels of court in the country; and finally, to the President of India.
- Anirban Bhattacharya as Dhananjoy Chatterjee
- Kanchan Mullick as Public Prosecutor
- Kaushik Sen as Shibraj Chaudhuri, advocate
- Mimi Chakraborty as Advocate Kavya Sinha
- Paran Bandopadhyay as Dhananjoy's father
- Anusha Viswanathan as Hema Parekh
- Sudipta Chakraborty as Surabhi Parekh
- Dilip Dave
- Deepanjan Ghosh
- Mir Afsar Ali as defense counsel
- "Movie on Dhananjay: Family members say 'betrayed', director claims they were happy". 14 August 2017.
- "Film on Dhananjoy hanging case". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Dhananjay The Movie is All Set to Ask Uncomfortable Questions". News18.
- "Dhananjay Bengali film reviews". bookmyshow.com. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Dhanajoy is based on Dhananjoy Chatterje's murder case". India Today. Retrieved 11 May 2017.