This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2022)
Dhaka City College (Bengali: ঢাকা সিটি কলেজ) also known as DCC, is one of the oldest private college in the country of Bangladesh. It is located at Qudrat-i-Khuda road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka. It offers Honors and Masters degree programs as well as higher secondary education (HSC). The college is affiliated with the National University of Bangladesh.
|Dhaka Night College|
|Motto||Build The Nation|
|National University (Bangladesh)|
|Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dhaka|
|Chairman||Syed Modasser Ali|
|Principal||Bedar Uddin Ahmed|
House #88, Road #2, Dhanmondi,
23°44′24″N 90°22′58″E / 23.7399°N 90.3827°ECoordinates: 23°44′24″N 90°22′58″E / 23.7399°N 90.3827°E
|Colours||Black, gray and cardinal red|
Md. Anwar Hossain has been the college principal since 2019[update]. As of the third quarter of 2017,[update] the chief of the college's governing body is Syed Modasser Ali, an alumnus of the college.
The college was established in 1957, during the Pakistani ruling period, with the patronage of local educators and social workers. Classes were held at the West End High School and afterwards at Dhaka College. In 1970, college activities were moved to their own premises in Road 2 of the Dhanmondi residential area. Prior to this, it was known as "Dhaka Night College".
Khan Bahadur Abdur Rahman and Ataur Rahman Khan, both former prime ministers of Bangladesh, contributed significantly to the college's establishment. Khaney Alom Khan, former chairman of the college's governing body, arranged financial assistance for the development of the academic buildings while he was the divisional commissioner of Dhaka Division.
One of the colleges of Dhaka Education Board, Dhaka City College provides education in Science, Business Studies and Humanities in the Higher Secondary School Certificate. Besides, this college affiliated to the National University, Bangladesh has arrangements undergraduate and graduate programs.
There are total of 21 departments in this college. Every department is decorated by one coordinator and well qualified and skilled teachers.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (February 2021)
- Agun, singer-songwriter and Bachsas Awards winning actor.
- Bassbaba Sumon, vocalist, bassist, and founding member of Bangladeshi rock band Aurthohin.
- Mahiya Mahi, an actress in the Bangladeshi film industry.
- Maria Nur Rowshon, television presenter, radio personality, and winner of Babisas Award for modelling.
- Nishat Majumdar, first Bangladeshi female to scale Mount Everest.
- Sayeed Khokon, politician and mayor of Dhaka.
- Shahriar Alam, state deputy-minister of foreign affairs, The People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- Syed Modasser Ali, renowned ophthalmic surgeon and executive board member of World Health Organisation (WHO).
- ^ "Nine out of top 10 colleges from city | A list with highest GPA holders". The Daily Star. Bangladesh. July 25, 2009. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- ^ "Dhaka City College | Message of the Chairman". Dhaka City College Official Website. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- ^ "PM Hasina to cast vote at Dhaka City College". The Daily Star. Bangladesh. December 28, 2018. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- ^ "WELCOME TO THE DHAKA CITY COLLEGE DHAKA | ABOUT DCC". Dhaka City College Blog. Retrieved June 1, 2020.