for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Elias Uddin Mollah|
The constituency was created when, ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting added 7 new seats to the Dhaka metropolitan area, increasing the number of constituencies in the capital from 8 to 15.
Members of ParliamentEdit
|1973||Shamsul Haq||Awami League|
|1979||Abul Kashem||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|Major Boundary Changes|
|2008||Elias Uddin Mollah||Awami League|
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Awami League||Elias Uddin Mollah||35,855||58.1||-0.9|
|Independent||Sardar Mohammad Mannan||25,133||40.7||N/A|
|BNF||Md. Khalid Hossain||728||1.2||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Elias Uddin Mollah||131,816||59.0||N/A|
|BNP||Rafiqul Islam Miah||85,002||38.0||N/A|
|IAB||Abdul Mannan Aziz||3,826||1.7||N/A|
|BTF||Syed Nozibul Boshor Mije Bandari||1,313||0.6||N/A|
|BDB||Md. Mahfuzur Rahman||750||0.3||N/A|
|United Citizen Movement||Qazi Faruque Ahmed||450||0.2||N/A|
|BSD||Mosharraf Hossen Chowdhury||361||0.2||N/A|
|Awami League win (new seat)|
- "Dhaka-16". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "Dhaka-16". Bangladesh Election Result 2014. Dhaka Tribune. Archived from the original on 17 April 2018. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.