Devonte Fields is a Canadian football defensive lineman for the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He previously played college football for TCU, Trinity Valley Community College, and Louisville.
|No. 91 – Edmonton Eskimos|
|Born:||September 23, 1993|
Fort Worth, Texas
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Fields attended Arlington Martin High School in Arlington, Texas. As a senior, he had 73 tackles, 13 sacks and two interceptions. He committed to Texas Christian University (TCU) to play college football.
As a freshman at TCU in 2012, Fields started all 13 games and had 53 tackles, 10 sacks and an interception. He was named the Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year. He played in only three games as a sophomore in 2013 due to injury and suspension. In August 2014 he was removed from TCU over numerous incidents that had occurred over the previous months.
Fields attended Trinity Valley Community College in 2014. He played in 12 games and had 61 tackles and 6.5 sacks. He transferred to the University of Louisville in 2015. During his first year at Louisville, Fields started all 13 games, recording 64 tackles and 11 sacks.
- TCU's Devonte Fields ready to seize more accolades in 2014
- Michigan State football preparing to face Big 12's most decorated freshman
- TCU's DE Devonte Fields, 2012 Big 12 defensive player of year, will miss rest of season with foot injury
- TCU bans Devonte Fields 2 games
- Devonte Fields, TCU part ways
- Former TCU DE Devonte Fields has found a new home
- Fields thankful for 2nd chance at U of L
- Ex-TCU star DeVonte Fields commits to U of L
- In good shape on Day 1, Fields ready to roll
- "DEVONTE FIELDS". esks.com. Archived from the original on July 31, 2017. Retrieved July 31, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "CFL TRANSACTIONS". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on July 31, 2017. Retrieved July 31, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)