Detlef Schrempf Foundation
History and missionEdit
The foundation was established in 1996 by Detlef and Mari Schrempf and, according to Detlef Schrempf, raised $40,000 in its first year. The foundation describes its purpose as being to support "organizations that provide hope, care and assistance to children and families of the Northwest." Between its founding and 2012, the organization had raised and donated $10 million for children's charities, primarily in the Pacific Northwest.
Fundraisers hosted by the organization include "Taste of Main," an annual food festival held in Bellevue, Washington. Since 1996 the foundation has also organized the Detlef Schrempf Celebrity Golf Classic. The 2015 edition of the golf tournament was held at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge. According to the foundation, charities it has donated money to include Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle Children's Hospital, Camp Fire of Puget Sound, and Cure Autism Now. In 2014, the organization generated $1,536,880 in revenue. That year, 67-percent of its expenses were used to support its programs while 33-percent was spent on staff salaries and benefits.
- "Detlef Schrempf Foundation". sos.wa.go. Secretary of State of Washington. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Foundation Team". detlef.com. Detlef Schrempf Foundation. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Sun, Winnie (19 June 2015). "Detlef Schrempf: A NBA Retiree's 5 Lessons About Retirement". Forbes. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Brodeu, Nicole (29 June 2015). "Detlef Schrempf tees off for kids". Seattle Times. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "About the Foundation". detlef.com. Detleft Shrempf Foundation. Archived from the original on 12 November 2016. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Hareas, John. "Detlef Schrempf: Paul Allen Award Recipient". nba.com. NBA. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Thu, Jason (13 August 2015). "Art of Yakitori Pop-Up, Jenn Louis Dinner at RN74, 'Taste of Main' in Bellevue". Seattle Weekly. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Kenyon, Sam (26 June 2015). "Duffers for Detlef". Snohomish Valley Star. Archived from the original on 20 September 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Benefitting Charities". detlef.com. Detlef Schrempf Foundation. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "THE DETLEF SCHREMPF FOUNDATION" (PDF). foundationcenter.org. Foundation Center. Retrieved 1 January 2016.