Desti is a travel guide app and a spin-off of SRI International that uses SRI's CALO artificial intelligence technology (the basis for Apple's Siri) to help users plan trips. The app went to public beta in November 2012.
(Founder & CEO)
(Founder & CTO)
|Products||Personalized guide book|
Number of employees
The company's app allows users to search a destination and filter by a variety of categories, and save the result as a collection. Desti was a finalist in the 2013 SXSW Accelerator. As of early 2013, Desti had raised around $2 million in seed funding, primarily from Horizons Ventures.
- "Desti". CrunchBase. TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "Ventures: Desti". SRI International. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- Ha, Anthony (2012-11-08). "Plan Your Next Trip With Desti, A Conversational iPad App Spun Out From Siri-Creator SRI". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- Grant, Rebecca (2012-11-08). "Siri's sister Desti is a virtual tour guide to answer all your travel queries". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- Markowitz, Eric (2013-02-28). "Coolest Mobile Tech Companies to Check Out at SXSW". Inc. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "SXSW Accelerator 2013 Finalists". South by Southwest. Retrieved 2013-05-27.