Department of the Arts, Sport, the Environment, Tourism and Territories
|Formed||24 July 1987|
|Dissolved||27 December 1991|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
At its creation, the Department dealt with:
- Cultural affairs, including support for the arts
- National collections
- National heritage
- Sport and recreation
- Environment and conservation
- Tourism, including the tourist industry International expositions and support for international conferences and special events
- Administration of the Australian Capital Territory
- Administration of the Jervis Bay Territory, the Territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands, the Territory of Christmas Island, the Coral Sea Islands Territory, the Territory of Ashmore and Cartier Islands, the Australian Antarctic Territory, and the Territory of Heard Island and the McDonald Islands, and of Commonwealth responsibilities on Norfolk Island
- Constitutional development of the Northern Territory of Australia.
- CA 5984: Department of the Arts, Sport, the Environment, Tourism and Territories, Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 20 December 2013