Department of Employment, Education, Training and Youth Affairs
|Formed||11 March 1996|
|Dissolved||21 October 1998|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements, in the Department's annual reports and on the Department's website.
At its creation, the Department was responsible for the following:
- Education, other than migrant adult education
- Youth Affairs
- Employment and training
- Commonwealth Employment Service
- Labour market programs
- Co-ordination of research policy
- Research grants and fellowship.
- CA 8245: Department of Employment, Education, Training and Youth Affairs, National Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 6 December 2013 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Administrative Arrangements Order issued 11 March 1996 (PDF), National Archives of Australia, 11 March 1996, archived from the original (PDF) on 27 April 2013 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)