Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School is a suburban public high school (grades 8-12) in Yarmouth, Massachusetts. It opened in 1957 and was expanded and renovated in 1979, and again in 2006. The school serves the communities of Yarmouth and Dennis, and has an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Dennis-Yarmouth, or known more commonly to the locals as "D-Y", is the second largest high school (in terms of student population) on Cape Cod, behind only Barnstable High School. It is in South Yarmouth, just south of the Mid Cape Highway.
|Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School|
210 Station Avenue
|Color(s)||Green & White|
|Athletics||MIAA - Division 2|
|Athletics conference||Atlantic Coast League|
|Rivals||Nauset, Monomoy, Barnstable, Falmouth|
$16,498 per pupil
Based on data from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education:
As of 2017, Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School had 1,003 students, 509 males and 494 females.
The Dolphins' football team has developed into one of the most successful and formidable high school football programs in Massachusetts in recent years. They have appeared in three state championship games, winning two in 2011 and 2017. They have also been ranked in the state's Top 25 polls numerous times, being ranked as high as #4 by the Boston Globe and #5 by MaxPreps. Furthermore, they have produced several high-level college football prospects in recent years, including Ross Jatkola (Albany), Matt Montalto (Bentley), Nick Montalto (Mass Maritime), JoJo Jamiel (Sacred Heart), Adam Carreiro (Tufts), Nathan Crary (Tufts), Spencer Tyler (Curry), Andrew Jamiel (Stonehill), and Michael Dunn (Lafayette). Also, both Matt Montalto and Andrew Jamiel were named the Massachusetts State Player of the Year by the Boston Globe in 2011 and 2015.
- State Champions - 2011,2017
- State Finalists - 2013
- Eastern Massachusetts Regional Champions - 2013, 2017
- League Champions - 1960, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2017
- State Playoff Qualifier - 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Dennis-Yarmouth's cross-country teams are regarded as one of the premier programs in New England and have won numerous state, regional, and national championships in recent years.
The boys team won the All-State Championship in back to back years, the only boys team in Massachusetts to have done so (the MIAA switched from a single all-state championship race for each gender in cross country to large and small school state championship races in 1990) . Further, the boys team did it twice, in 1974/1975 and 1989/1990. Harrier magazine ranked them one of the top 25 teams in the United States in 1989 and 1990. The girls team won the Div. I (large schools) All-State team championship in 2006. Jordan O'Dea is the only D-Y cross country runner to garner an individual All-State Championship, finishing first in the All-State Div. II (small schools) race in 2011.
State Champions - 2018
- "Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- "SAT Performance Report - School and District Profiles: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education". profiles.doe.mass.edu. September 20, 2018. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School | Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District". Dy-regional.k12.ma.us. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "NHSCAXC - TEAM HISTORY - 1989 HARRIER NATIONAL TEAM RANKINGS". RunnerSpace.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "NHSCAXC - TEAM HISTORY - 1990 HARRIER NATIONAL TEAM RANKINGS". RunnerSpace.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
-  wbztv.com - Teen Sends A Little Bit Of Cape Cod To U.S. Troops