Del-One Federal Credit Union
Del-One Federal Credit Union (formerly Delaware Federal Credit Union) is a federally chartered credit union headquartered in Dover, Delaware and regulated under the authority of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Del-One Federal Credit Union was officially chartered in 1960 and was assigned the NCUA charter number 13919. Del-One is the largest credit union in Delaware. As of March 2020, Del-One had over $520 million in assets, serving over 72,000 members, and 11 branches. Member deposits up to $500,000 in Del-One are insured by $250,000 through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, and an additional $250,000 through Excess Share Insurance.
|Delaware Federal Credit Union (1995),
Delaware State Employees Federal Credit Union (1967),Delaware Highway Federal Credit Union (1960)
|Headquarters||Dover, Delaware, United States|
Number of locations
|11 branches (2020)|
|Nancy Shevock, Chair|
Ronald Baron, CEO
|Products||Savings; checking; consumer loans; mortgages; credit cards; online banking|
|Total assets||US$ 520M (2020)|
Number of employees
Del-One was founded in 1960 as the Delaware Highway Federal Credit Union to serve employees of the Delaware State Highway Department. Seven years later, the credit union changed its name to Delaware State Employees Federal Credit Union. Its name was changed to Delaware Federal Credit Union in 1995. Del-One was granted a community charter the following year to serve the communities of Wilmington and Georgetown. In 2006, the credit union changed its name again to Del-One Federal Credit Union.
In 1996, Del-One Federal Credit Union merged with American Mirrex Federal Credit Union.
In 1999, Del-One Federal Credit Union merged with Delaware Transit Employees Federal Credit Union.
In 2008, Del-One Federal Credit Union merged with Department of Labor Federal Credit Union.
In 2013, Del-One Federal Credit Union merged with Seaford Federal Credit Union.
In 2015, Del-One Federal Credit Union merged with U-DEL Federal Credit Union, and Newport Site Employees Federal Credit Union.
In 2017, Del-One Federal Credit Union merged with ICI America Federal Credit Union, established in 1973.
Eligibility for membership is extended to employees of the State of Delaware; anyone who lives, works or worships in Georgetown, Milford, Newark, Wilmington and the West Dover area, and over 200 select employee groups.
Checking, savings, money market, CDs, Individual Retirement Account savings, auto loans, personal loans, mortgage loans, home equity loans, credit cards, over 25,000 ATM locations, free online banking, electronic bill pay, Electronic Statements, free mobile banking access, free financial counseling, financial seminars, debit cards, and direct deposit.
Board members serve three-year terms. They are elected by the credit union members at the annual meeting; there are no term limits.
Board of Directors: Nancy Shevock, Chairman; Steve Smith, Vice Chairman; Bill Pfaffenhauser, Secretary; Robert Brown, Treasurer; Robert Baldwin, Director; Trey Wallace, Director; Kevin Mitten, Director; Jerry McNesby, Director; Lisa Strusowski, Director.
Del-One offers two $2,500 scholarships to Delaware high school seniors annually, and provides several opportunities for youth account holders to win additional prizes. The credit union employees formed an organization in 2009, named the Del-One Foundation to continue raising funds for community outreach initiatives that include: Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition, Kay’s Kamp and Autism Delaware.
- Readers Choice – Delaware’s Favorite Credit Union in the Wilmington News Journal Reader’s Choice Awards for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Top Workplace - Awarded as a Top Workplace from the Wilmington News Journal in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Best in Business – Del-One ranked in the Top 10 small and medium businesses to work for in DE as part of the Best in Business Awards from the Wilmington News Journal for 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Del-One received a Merit Award for its 2006 Annual Report from the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Marketing & Business Development Council. The annual report was on display at the CMBDC Annual Conference in Nashville, TN.
- Del-One also received a Golden Mirror Award of Merit from the Credit Union Executives Society (CUES) for their Easy Guide to Membership in 2006.
- Del-One earned a National Association of Federal Credit Unions Marketing Award for Best Membership promotion (Business Card CD) in 2006.
- Del-One earned a Credit Union National Association Marketing & Business Development Council Diamond Award in 2007.
- "National Credit Union Administration: Del-One". NCUA.gov. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Delaware Business Now:'Del-One Credit Union highlights growth at annual meeting'". Delawarebusinessnow.com. 5 June 2014. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "UDEL-FCU University of Delaware Federal Credit Union". udel.edu. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Delaware Business Now:'ICI credit union to merge with Del-One'". Delawarebusinessnow.com. 22 July 2017. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "About Del-One FCU: Meet our team of leaders". Del-One.org. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Del-One Scholarship Package" (PDF). Del-One.org. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- Shupe, Bryan (13 October 2017). "Milford Live:'Del-One voted Best Credit Union'". Milfordlive.com. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Top Workplaces 2018" (PDF). Delawareonline.com. Retrieved 20 May 2020.