Deep in My Soul
Deep in My Soul is Smokey Robinson's fifth solo album. It was released in 1977.
|Deep in My Soul|
|Studio album by|
|Released||January 18, 1977|
|Producer||Lawrence Brown, Michael B. Sutton, Elliot Willensky, Hal Davis, Jeffrey Bowen, Bobby Belle|
|Smokey Robinson chronology|
|Christgau's Record Guide||B+|
|The Village Voice||B+|
Reviewing in Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies (1981), Robert Christgau wrote:
"Smokey has a right to the romanticism that has saturated his solo career—ick with kick has always been his specialty—but I get more from the Big Time soundtrack than from Smokey's Family Robinson. And then there's this, in which various Motown hacks attempt to approximate the bright, direct style of a less mature Smokey and come up with four songs (two of which begin each four-cut side) that actually do so. Whereupon Smokey, pro that he is, sings them as if he wrote them himself."
- "Vitamin U" (Lawrence Brown, Terri McFaddin) – 4:30
- "There Will Come a Day (I'm Gonna Happen to You)" (Michael B. Sutton, Brenda Sutton, Kathy Wakefield) – 3:54
- "It's Been a Long Time (Since I Been in Love)" (Elliot Willensky) – 3:43
- "Let's Do The Dance of Life Together" (Elliot Willensky) – 3:46
- "If You Want My Love" (Donald Charles Baldwin, Jeffrey Bowen) – 3:45
- "You Cannot Laugh Alone" (Donald Charles Baldwin, Jeffrey Bowen) – 4:43
- "In My Corner" (Victor Orsborn, Eric Robinson) – 4:43
- "The Humming Song (Lost for Words)" (Bobby Belle, Art Posey, Josef Powell) – 3:29
- Smokey Robinson – vocals
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: R". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved March 12, 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- Christgau, Robert (October 31, 1977). "Christgau's Consumer Guide". The Village Voice. New York. Retrieved April 29, 2013 – via robertchristgau.com.