Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College (informally known as DDUC) (Hindi: दीन दयाल उपाध्याय कॉलेज) is a constituent college of the University of Delhi in India, located at Phase 1, Dwarka Sector-3, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110078. It is fully funded by Government of Delhi. It was established in August 1990 in the memory of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, a philosopher, thinker and social worker.
दीन दयाल उपाध्याय कॉलेज
Motto in English
|Truth Alone Triumphs|
|University of Delhi|
|Principal||Hem Chand Jain|
The college, informally known as DDUC, offers many undergraduate courses, including BA, B.Sc. and B.Com. programs. In order to cater to business and management education at the undergraduate level, a three-year Bachelor of Business Studies was inaugurated on 18 July 2007.
The admission process for BMS is different from the regular cut-offs based on Class XII results, as followed in other colleges of the university. The Faculty of Management Studies, undertakes the responsibility for admissions in the course BMS. Selection criteria for prospective students consist of the following (weightage in admission decisions given in brackets)
1. An objective written test, the Joint Entrance Test (JAT) – includes a wide variety of questions on verbal skills, quantitative skills, logic, business knowledge, and current affairs. (65%)
2.(35%) marks scored in class 12th board examination.
The admission test is highly competitive with only 400 seats and a selection ratio of 1:50.
The college's student life includes various student organizations (both academic and cultural) which organize extra curricular activities.
Kalrav is the annual festival of DDUC, usually organized in February–March each year. It is a conglomerate of the activities of all societies and departments of the college. Kalrav seeks participation of students pan-India and has events & competitions including those of Music, Dance, Drama, Debating, Model UN, Quizzes and many more informal events. The Star nights at Kalrav in the previous years have witnessed performances by youth icons like Mika, Indian Ocean, The Circus etc.
Ecclesia is the annual convention of Department of Management Studies, DDUC.
Zucitva is the Annual Commerce Festival of DDUC organized by the Department of Commerce every year and include events like Corporate Fashion Show, Forensic Accounting, Business Plan, Marketing Management Competition, Mock Stock, etc. The fest is organized every year by CommUnity, The Department Of Commerce.
Tech Marathon is the Annual Computer Science Festival of DDUC organized by the Sanganika (The Computer Science Society).
KALAMKAAR the Hindi kavi sammelan was organised in the college on 18 February on the behalf of silver jubilee year. Under the banner of KALAMKAR a literature festival named 'KLF' is organised every year, during this festival society also organised a mega Kavi-Sammelan.
There are many academic and cultural societies that are open for all DDUC students to join. Some of them include:
- Women Development Cell: The one which is dedicated only for the Women development.
- DDUC Photography Society : The photography Society
- Vyaktitva – The Personality Development Society
- 180 Degrees Consulting DDUC: Consulting club of DDUC
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell DDUC : The Entrepreneurship Cell that comes under the Department of Management studies
- Synapses – The Zoological Society (Department of Zoology)
- HCMS - Harish Chandra Mathematics Society ( Department of Mathematics)
- Optizone - The Operational Research Society ( Department of Mathematical Sciences)
- Aryabhatta Science Forum (Department of Physics)
- Zest – Department of English
- Sanganika – the computer science society
- Covalence – Department of Chemistry
- CommUNITY – Department of Commerce
- Kalpavriksha- the botanical society (Department of Botany)
- Delonix – annual festival of Department of Botany
- Astral- the management society of Department of Management Studies
- SILIZIUM- Society of Dept. Of Electronics
- Robotics Club
- National Service Scheme
- Social Responsibility Cell DDUC
- Kalamkaar – the literary society
- Yavanika – the theatre society.
- Sangyaan- the quizzing society
- Voices – the debating society
- Rhapsody – the music society
- The Model UN Club
- Raaga – the dance society
- Fin-S – the finance society
- Eco Club
- Spic Macay
- Reflections – the magazine society
- Career Aspirants Club – the competitive examination preparation club
- Vyoma – the astro club
There are 2 hostels, boys and girls, having 90 limited seats each. Facilities such as air conditioning, attached bathroom, WiFi and many others are provided to students living far away from home. The process of admission into the hostel is a different, taking account the aggregate of the 12th class of students along with their distance from homes.
- "College's Address". Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College. Retrieved 25 March 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Plan to reserve college seats impossible, dangerous: Delhi University". The Indian Express. Express News Service. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
There are 12 colleges under DU which are fully funded by the Delhi government. These include Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College and Maharaja Agrasen College.
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)". www.nirfindia.org. Retrieved 18 March 2021.