Dean Schofield (born 19 January 1979 in Clayton, Manchester, England) is a professional Rugby union player who plays for London Welsh. He plays lock and is a product of Aldwinians RUFC. He first came to prominence when scoring twice as Aldwinians beat Dudley Kingswinsford in the NPI Cup Final at Twickenham. He also played for Wakefield during their time in National Division One.
|Birth name||Dean Schofield|
|Date of birth||19 January 1979|
|Place of birth||Clayton, Manchester, England|
|Height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight||20 st 2 lb (128 kg)|
|Rugby union career|
In the 2005–2006 season, Schofield played as a replacement in the final as Sale Sharks won their first ever Premiership title. After having played for Sale Sharks since 2001, Schofield was named their captain for the 2009-10 Guinness Premiership season. However, that season being the last in his contract, he chose to leave Sale at the end of the season. On 1 February 2010, he announced that he had signed a two-year deal with Top 14 club Toulon, effective from the 2010–11 Top 14 season.
In April 2012, it was announced that Schofield will be joining Worcester Warriors at the start of the 2012-13 season. He was the club captain of Worcester Warriors. On 27 June 2014, Schofield signed for London Welsh who returned to the Aviva Premiership for the 2014-15 season.
For 2014/15 season, Schofield signed for Yorkshire Carnegie in the Greene King IPA Championship.
Schofield lives with his partner Gemma and her son. Gemma is a successful property developer from Cheshire and runs her own company, GB Homes.
- "South Africa 58–10 England". BBC. 26 May 2007. Retrieved 23 June 2009.
- "Ireland A 49–22 England Saxons". BBC. 21 June 2009. Retrieved 23 June 2009.
- "Sale 45-20 Leicester". BBC. 27 May 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Schofield appointed Sale skipper". BBC. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 23 June 2009.
- "Schofield signs Toulon contract". BBC Sport. 1 February 2010. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "London Welsh sign former England lock Dean Schofield". Sky Sports. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 12 November 2014.