Davyhulme (UK Parliament constituency)
Davyhulme was a parliamentary constituency in the Davyhulme suburb of Greater Manchester. It returned one Member of Parliament to the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1983 until it was abolished for the 1997 general election.
|Former Borough constituency|
for the House of Commons
Davyhulme in Greater Manchester, showing boundaries used from 1983–1997
|Number of members||One|
|Replaced by||Stretford and Urmston, Altrincham and Sale West and Wythenshawe and Sale East|
|Created from||Altrincham and Sale, Stretford and Knutsford|
Its territory was then mostly incorporated into the new Stretford and Urmston constituency.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2010)
1983–1997: The Metropolitan Borough of Trafford wards of Bucklow, Davyhulme East, Davyhulme West, Flixton, Mersey St Mary's, Priory, St Martin's, and Urmston.
Members of ParliamentEdit
|1983||Winston Spencer Churchill||Conservative|
|1997||constituency abolished: see Stretford and Urmston, |
Altrincham and Sale West & Wythenshawe and Sale East
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Liberal Democrats||Jacqueline Pearcey||5,797||11.5||−11.5|
|Natural Law||Terence L. Brotheridge||665||1.3||N/A|
Elections in the 1980sEdit
|Conservative win (new seat)|
Notes and referencesEdit
- "'Davyhulme', June 1983 up to May 1997". ElectionWeb Project. Cognitive Computing Limited. Archived from the original on 11 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) Order 1983". www.legislation.gov.uk. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "D" (part 1)
- "Election Data 1992". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Politics Resources". Election 1992. Politics Resources. 9 April 1992. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Election Data 1987". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Election Data 1983". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.