David Yelland (actor)
David William Yelland (born 1947) is an English film, stage and television actor.
David William Yelland
Life and careerEdit
After reading English at Magdalene College, Cambridge, he began his career as an actor with three years at the Glasgow Citizens' Theatre. He has since appeared in numerous stage plays and television productions. Perhaps his most famous role was that of the future Edward VIII in the film Chariots of Fire.
He performed in the lead role of the BBC Television serial David Copperfield (1974), and is known for his portrayal of Nicholas Rumpole in the Thames Television series Rumpole of the Bailey, as the father of the main character in the London Weekend Television serial A Little Princess (1986), and for his role as a regular in ITV's Agatha Christie's Poirot as Poirot's valet, George. At the end of 2007 he played Ralph Nickleby in a revival of the play The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby, alongside his daughter, Hannah.
|1974||David Copperfield||David Copperfield||TV Series, 5 episodes|
|1975-1979||Rumpole of the Bailey||Nick Rumpole||TV Series, 3 episodes|
|1981||Chariots of Fire||Prince of Wales|
|1982||Nancy Astor||Davis Astor||TV series, 2 episodes|
|1982||Spider's Web||Jeremy Warrender||TV film|
|1987||A Little Princess||Captain Crewe||TV Series, 4 episodes|
|1989||Agatha Christie’s Poirot||Laverton West||TV Series, Episode: “Murder in the Mews”|
|2001||The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby||TV movie|
|2006||The Line of Beauty||John Timms||TV Series, 2 episodes|
|2006-2013||Agatha Christie’s Poirot||George||TV Series, 7 episodes|
|2007-2016||Midsomer Murders||TV Series, 2 episodes||"Death and Dust" (ep. 56), James Kirkwood (2007); and "Harvest of Souls" (S18E6), Jasper Wyham (2016)|
|2010||Foyle's War||Sir Charles Devereaux||TV Series, 1 episode: "The Hide"|
|2012||Private Peaceful||General Haig|
|2016||The Crown||Commander Vyner||TV Series, 1 episode: “Pride & Joy”|
|2017||Father Brown||Wilbur Lesser||TV Series, 1 episode: "The Smallest of Things"|
|2017||Endeavour||Sir Merlyn Chubb||TV Series, 1 episode: "Lazaretto"|
|2017||Happy End||Le directeur de la banque anglaise|
- "Autobiographical details from Chichester Festival Theatre". Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- "Alumni of Magdalene College, Cambridge Topics at DuckDuckGo". duckduckgo.com.
- "David Yelland | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "David Yelland". BFI.
- "BFI Screenonline: Chariots of Fire (1981) Credits". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- "Theatre review: The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby Parts I and II at Theatre Royal, Newcastle, and touring". British Theatre Guide.
- "BBC One: Reg". BBC Online. Retrieved 7 June 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)