David Watkins (designer)
David Watkins is a British artist who has designed the medals for the London 2012 Olympics. Watkins was also the special effects maker for the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. He is a graduate of the University of Reading (1963 Fine Arts) and a Royal Designer for Industry.
- London 2012: Olympic medals go into production in Wales. BBC News, 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- London 2012 Olympics: medal designs unveiled. The Telegraph, 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011. Archive here.
- Wolverhampton designer wins contract for Olympic medals. Express & Star, 28 July 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Watkins, David (1 of 3) National Life Stories Collection: Crafts Lives, British Library Board: 2006. Retrieved 20 February 2018
- Artist in Jewellery by David Watkins. Dezeen Magazine, 22 February 2010. Retrieved 28 October 2011. Archived here.