David A. Ulevitch (born December 10, 1981) is founder and CEO of the enterprise security company OpenDNS (acquired by Cisco) and founder of EveryDNS (acquired by Dyn). In December, 2016, Ulevitch was named the Senior Vice President and General Manager of Cisco's Security Business. In October, 2018, Ulevitch joined Andreessen Horowitz as a General Partner investing in Enterprise, SaaS, and Cybersecurity.
|Born||10 December 1981|
|Known for||Enterprise software, SaaS, security, networking, privacy, dns|
While a student at Washington University, Ulevitch created EveryDNS to fill his need for web-based DNS management software. EveryDNS grew from a personal project to a service with nearly 100,000 users worldwide within a few years. In January, 2010, EveryDNS was acquired by Manchester, NH company, Dyn, Inc.
Awards and recognitionEdit
- Robbins, Chuck (8 Dec 2016). "Congrats @davidu - you are the right person to lead @CiscoSecurity for the future! @Cisco". @ChuckRobbins. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "David Ulevitch". Andreessen Horowitz. 2018-10-02. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "He sold his last company to Cisco for $635 million. Now, he's the newest investor with Andreessen Horowitz". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "Xconomy: Dyn Inc. Buys EveryDNS". Xconomy. 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Company History | OpenDNS". OpenDNS. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire OpenDNS". Cisco. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "David Ulevitch is now a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz — a big get and the firm's fourth new GP since June". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- How a Dorm Room Startup Became an Internet Security Powerhouse Inc. Magazine
- Empowering People and Transforming Society: The World Economic Forum’s Technology Pioneers 2011 World Economic Forum, p. 22
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|