Laury playing for Iona
|Born||April 9, 1990|
East Orange, New Jersey
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school||Nia Prep (East Orange, New Jersey)|
|NBA draft||2015 / Undrafted|
|2017||Windy City Bulls|
|2017||Indios de Mayagüez|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school careerEdit
Laury attended Nia Prep School where as a senior, he helped lead coach Vincent Robinson's squad to a 26-6 overall mark.
Laury began his college career at Lamar State where as a freshman, he averaged 16.2 points and 9.8 rebounds per game while shooting nearly 60% from the field and posted 14 double-digit point efforts and eight double-doubles.
As a sophomore, Laury transferred to Iona where he averaged 20.1 points and 9.5 rebounds per game as a senior, second in both categories in the MAAC. For that, he was named the MAAC Player of the Year. He led Iona to a regular season MAAC championship and had 16 double-doubles.
After going undrafted in the 2015 NBA draft, Laury signed with Yeşilgiresun Belediye of the Turkish Basketball League on June 28, 2015. He later left the team prior to the start of the regular season and returned to the United States. On October 31, he was selected by the Delaware 87ers with the eighth overall pick in the 2015 NBA Development League Draft. On March 2, 2017, Laury was traded to the Windy City Bulls.
On August 5, 2017, Laury signed with the Israeli club Maccabi Ashdod for the 2017–18 season. On October 29, 2017, Laury recorded 22 points, shooting 8-for-10 from the field, along with 11 rebounds and 3 assists in an 86-74 win over Hapoel Jerusalem. Two days later, Laury was named co-Israeli League Round 4 MVP, alongside his teammate Sek Henry.
The Basketball TournamentEdit
David Laury played for Gael Nation in the 2018 edition of The Basketball Tournament. In 2 games, he averaged 15 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game. Gael Nation reached the second round before falling to Armored Athlete.
Laury majored in Mass Communications.
- "Iona bio". ICGaels.com. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "MAAC Announces 2014-15 Men's Basketball Major Award Winners". Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. March 6, 2015. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Yesilgiresun signs Kristijan Nikolov and rookie David Laury". Sportando.com. June 28, 2015. Archived from the original on July 1, 2015. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- "2015 NBA D-League Draft Board". NBA.com. October 31, 2015. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "Windy City Bulls Acquire David Laury III and Draft Pick from Delaware 87ers". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. March 2, 2017. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- "דייויד לאורי מצטרף ל"דולפינים"". basket.co.il (in Hebrew). August 5, 2017. Retrieved August 5, 2017.
- "Winner League, Game 4: Hapoel J-M Vs Maccabi Ashdod - Box Score". basket.co.il. October 29, 2017. Retrieved October 29, 2017.
- "מצטייני המחזור הרביעי: הנרי ולורי". basket.co.il (in Hebrew). October 31, 2017. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Windy City Bulls release 2018-19 training camp roster". NBA.com. October 21, 2018. Retrieved October 22, 2018.