Darren Paul Fisher
Fisher's first film, Inbetweeners was released by Universal in 2001 and was the first British commercial film to be shot on Digital Video. It was panned by Peter Preston of The Observer. His second film, the 2007 teen-comedy Popcorn starred British soap stars Jack Ryder and Jodi Albert, was distributed by MovieHouse, and was panned by Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian.
His third film, OXV: The Manual, a science fiction romance created on a low budget and later retitled Frequencies, premiered at the Fantasia International Film Festival in Montreal where it won two awards, Most Innovative Film and the Silver Award for Best International Film. The US premiere was at the Austin Film Festival where it won the Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature (Dark Matters). The film was favorably reviewed by The Hollywood Reporter, Ain't It Cool News, and Indiewire, although This is Famous criticized the storyline. Unlike Fisher's first two films, Frequencies has generated praise from reviewers for the creativity of Fisher's script.
- "Joshua Review Darren Paul Fisher’s Frequencies [Theatrical Review]". CriterionCast, Joshua Brunsting. Film Reviews, May 23, 2014
- "OXV: The Manual: Fantasia Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- The Sound of Love: Interview with FREQUENCIES director Darren Paul Fisher — AM FM Studios Magazine
- "Bond students help teacher earn top marks for feature film project". Gold Coast Bulletin, Suzanne Simonot, May 28, 2014
- BBC - Leicester - Movies - Inbetweeners
- "Mummy, what's Anthea doing on the floor?". Peter Preston, The Observer, as reported in The Guardian, 20 May 2001
- "Moviehouse takes on sales for UK teen comedy Popcorn". Srceen Daily. 20 October 2005 | By Wendy Mitchell
- "Culture Film: Popcorn". The Guardian
- "AFF Film Review: OXV: The Manual". Cinesnob, October 25, 2013 by Kiko Martinez.
- "OXV: The Manual | AFF Review AUSTIN FILM FESTIVAL 2013". Smells Like Screen Spirit. By Don Simpson | October 27, 2013
- " The Not So Late Show: Darren Paul Fisher". Wow! 6 by Brendan Costello
- Fantasia win for Big Bad Wolves | News | Screen
- Austin Film Festival Announces 2013 Winners - The Hollywood Reporter
- FANTASIA 2013: Capone takes a look at ZERO CHARISMA and the OXV: THE MANUAL - Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news
- Foul Sex, Civil War and More: 10 Highlights From This Year's Fantasia Film Festival | Filmmakers, Film Industry, Film Festivals, Awards & Movie Reviews | Indiewire
- "FREQUENCIES Movie Review: Terrible Writing Ruins This Ambitious Sci Fi Romance, Says Ramses Flores - This Is Infamous". Archived from the original on 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "DVDanger Extra: 'Frequencies'English VOD curio is the oddball that fits in". Austin Chronicle, Richard Whittaker, 24 May 2014
- FREQUENCIES Review: A Sci-Fi Movie That Favors Ideas Over Effects | Badass Digest