David "Darby" Riordan (23 July 1886 – 15 October 1936) was an Australian politician.
|Member of the Australian Parliament|
12 October 1929 – 15 October 1936
|Preceded by||Grosvenor Francis|
|Succeeded by||Bill Riordan|
|Member of the Queensland Legislative Assembly|
16 March 1918 – 16 September 1929
|Preceded by||William Murphy|
|Succeeded by||Arthur Jones|
23 July 1886
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
|Died||15 October 1936 (aged 50)|
|Resting place||Lutwyche Cemetery|
|Political party||Australian Labor Party|
|Spouse(s)||Gertrude Anne Purcell (m.1913 d.1969)|
|Relations||Bill Riordan (nephew) |
Jim Riordan (brother)
Ernest Riordan (brother)
Riordan was the Australian Labor Party member for Burke in the Queensland Legislative Assembly, winning the seat in 1918. He held Burke till 1929 at which time he resigned from the seat to successfully contest the House of Representatives seat of Kennedy at the 1929 federal election.
Darcy Riordan had two brothers who were also politicians: Jim Riordan (a member of the Queensland Legislative Council from 1917 to 1922) and Ernest Riordan (a member of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland from 1936 to 1944 and 1950 to 1954).
- "Former Members". Parliament of Queensland. 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- LEGISLATIVE ELECTION OF 12 OCTOBER 1929 — Psephos. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Members of the House of Representatives since 1901". Parliamentary Handbook. Parliament of Australia. Archived from the original on 6 August 2008. Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- Preston, A. N. (2002). "Riordan, William James Frederick (1908–1973)". Australian Dictionary of Biography. Canberra: Australian National University. Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- "Family Notices". The Courier-Mail. Brisbane: National Library of Australia. 16 October 1936. p. 1. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
|Parliament of Australia|
| Member for Kennedy
|Parliament of Queensland|
| Member for Burke
|This article about an Australian Labor Party member of the House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|