Daphne Hilary Penelope Caine (born 1969) is an English-born Manx politician and civil servant. She was elected to the House of Keys representing Garff in 2016. She previously worked on the Isle of Man as a journalist and civil servant.
Daphne Hilary Penelope Caine
1969 (age 51)
|Education||King Edward VII School|
|Employer||Tynwald (Isle of Man Parliament)|
Born and raised in Sheffield, England, in 1969, Caine attended King Edward VII School before studying at Stradbroke College, Sheffield. From 1989 to 1996, she worked as a journalist for Isle of Man Newspapers, after which she joined the island's civil service, initially at the Department of Tourism and Leisure, later at the Department of Home Affairs and the Department of Infrastructure, where she concentrated on public transport.
In 2016, she was elected to the Tynwald (the Manx parliament), where she serves as the House of Keys member for Garff as an independent politician. She has served in particular as a member of the Department for Enterprise (formerly Economic Development). She is keen to contribute to the future of the Isle of Man, following Brexit.
- "Daphne Hilary Penelope CAINE MHK". Tynwald. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "DED Minister and Members". gov.im. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- Sharman, David (20 September 2016). "Former weekly journalist to stand for island's parliament". Hold the Front Page. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "CaineDHP". tynwald.org. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- "Daphne Hilary Penelope CAINE MHK (Garff)". Tynwald. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Daphne Caine to stand in Garff". manx.net. 19 August 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
|This Manx biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Manx politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|