Danish Union of Metalworkers
The Danish Union of Metalworkers (Danish: Dansk Metal, Metal) is a trade union in Denmark. It principally represents workers in the metal industries, but also covers telecommunications, transportation and some other sectors.
|Full name||Danish Union of Metalworkers|
|Native name||Dansk Metalarbejderforbund|
|Key people||Claus Jensen (President)|
|Office location||Copenhagen, Denmark|
The union was founded in 1888, as the Danish Blacksmith and Machine Workers' Association. It became the "Danish Union of Metalworkers" in 1972.
Over the years, numerous smaller unions have merged in to the Metalworkers' union. These include:
- 1957: Semi-Skilled Metal Workers' Union
- 1967: Danish Metal Printers' Union
- 1968: Metal Workers' Union of Denmark
- 1969: Danish Coppersmiths' Union
- 1970: Danish Foundry Workers' Union
- 1972: Danish Boilermakers' Union
- 1976: Danish Vehicle Builders' Union
- 1976: Danish Ship Builders', Riggers' and Sailmakers' Union
- 1981: Danish Metal Grinders' Union
- 1984: Gold and Silver Workers' Union of Denmark
- 2003: Telecommunications Union
- 2011: Danish Ship Caterers' Union
The union was long affiliated to the Danish Confederation of Trade Unions (LO), and for many years was its third-largest affiliate. Following LO's merger, in 2019, it is now affiliated to it successor, the Danish Trade Union Confederation (FH). It has also been affiliated to the European Metalworkers' Federation and the International Metalworkers' Federation, now part of the IndustriALL Global Union.
- 1888: Valdemar Olsen
- 1890: Ferdinand Hurop
- 1892: H. P. Hansen
- 1899: Jacob Anton Hansen
- 1926: Johannes Kjærbøl
- 1935: Peter Anders Andersen
- 1944: Hans Rasmussen
- 1972: Paulus Andersen
- 1978: Georg Poulsen
- 1991: Max Bæhring
- 2003: Thorkild E. Jensen
- 2012: Claus Jensen
- Ebbinghaus, Bernhard; Visser, Jelle (2000). Trade Unions in Western Europe Since 1945. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. p. 178. ISBN 0333771125.
- "Dansk Metals arkiver". Arbejdermuseet. Retrieved 7 February 2020.
- Campbell, Joan; Windmuller, John P. (1992). European Labor Unions. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 98. ISBN 031326371X.
- International Centre for Trade Union Rights; et al., eds. (2005). Trade Unions of the World (6th ed.). London, UK: John Harper Publishing. ISBN 0-9543811-5-7.
|This article related to a European trade union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organization in Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|