|Date of birth||10 October 1984|
|Place of birth||Brindisi, Italy|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2003–2005||→ Crotone (loan)||57||(18)|
|2007||→ Pescara (loan)||15||(5)|
|2009–2010||→ Torino (loan)||11||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Bologna (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:29, 14 April 2021 (UTC)|
He was sold to Crotone in joint-ownership bid in 2003, where he won Serie B promotion. Vantaggiato returned to Bari in June 2005. He was the regular of the squad before left for Pescara, who was then struggling to keep from relegation to Serie C1.
In summer 2007, he left for Rimini for another joint-ownership bid, for €830,000, replacing Davide Moscardelli, after not appeared on the pre-season medical test for Bari. After Jeda left for Cagliari in January 2008, Vantaggiato became the team leading scorer. At the end of season Rimini won the blind bidding to have the full ownership for an undisclosed fee.
But in January 2009, his 13 goals scored in mid-season made Parma F.C. signed him (€1.9M) along with teammate Francesco Lunardini (€1M) in co-ownership deal, in exchange for Davide Matteini (50% for €1M) and Daniele Paponi on loan. Vantaggiato and Lunardini also cost Parma an additional €130,000 and €49,000 as other fee respectively. Parma won promotion back to Serie A as 2008–09 Serie B runner-up.
In January 2010, Parma acquired the remain 50% registration rights of Vantaggiato from Rimini for €1.9M (while Lunardini joined Parma outright in June from Rimini for €100,000), but re-sold the 50% registration rights to Calcio Padova for €1 million cash and 50% registration rights of Pietro Baccolo, which was valued for €1.5 million. Vantaggiato signed a 4+1⁄2-year contract. In June 2010 the co-ownerships were renewed.
In June 2011 both Parma and Padova gave up the remain 50% registration rights to opposite club.
Vantaggiato then loaned to Serie A club Bologna F.C. 1909 in July 2011 with option to purchase. Vantaggiato signed a 1+2 year contract with the first year worth €842,165 in gross. Vantaggiato only played twice in October 2011.
Italian football scandalEdit
In April 2012 Vantaggiato was questioned by the prosecutor for the matches during his stay in Rimini. In June 2012 he was banned for 3 years for involvement in 2011–12 Italian football scandal. His ban was reduced to 6 months by Tribunale Nazionale di Arbitrato per lo Sport of Italian National Olympic Committee.
Return to PadovaEdit
After the ban was reduced, Vantaggiato played an additional 37 Serie B games for Padova, 7 from 2012–13 season and 30 from 2013–14 season. On 7 August 2013 he signed a new 3-year contract with Padova. After the club failed to register for 2014–15 Lega Pro, he was released.
Vantaggiato was signed by A.S. Livorno Calcio in summer 2014.
- Serie C1 runner-up/promotion playoffs winner: 2004
- A.S. Bari S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2007 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- "Vantaggiato e Conti non si presentano a Mezzano di Primiero". AS Bari (in Italian). 12 July 2007. Archived from the original on 20 November 2010. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- Parma F.C. S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2009 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- Parma F.C. S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2010 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- Calcio Padova S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2010 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- Parma F.C. S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2011 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- Bologna FC 1909 SpA Report and Accounts on 30 June 2011 (in Italian)
- "AUDIZIONI DELLA PROCURA FEDERALE: IL CALENDARIO AGGIORNATO AL 26 APRILE" (in Italian). FIGC. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Sig. Daniele Vantaggiato / Federazione Italiana Giuoco Calcio (Squalifica)" (PDF) (in Italian). Italian National Olympic Committee. 4 February 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Daniele Vantaggiato prolunga il suo contratto fino al 2016" (in Italian). Calcio Padova. 7 August 2013. Archived from the original on 11 August 2013.
- Profile at La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian)