The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (June 2017)
Dani Deahl is a Chicago based EDM, & House music producer, DJ, journalist, and blogger. She was the producer of a Billboard charted song, ran the music blog DSquared from 2009–2015, and is currently DJ Mag's editor at large.
|Born||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Genres||EDM, house, electro house, progressive house, trap|
|Occupation(s)||Journalist, blogger, DJ and producer|
|Labels||Monstercat, Dim Mak, Red Stick, Royal One, Dirty Fabric, Atomic Zoo, Fifth Gear Media, Detour Recordings|
Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, Deahl became a DJ and got her first few residencies while she was still attending high school. In 2006, Deahl became producer and co-host of Red Bar Radio, the first internet podcast to be syndicated on terrestrial radio. Since that time, she's expanded into music production, journalism, and blogging. Deahl started her writing career as a contributor for Urb and shortly thereafter became their House Section Editor. She has also contributed to Chinashop (Red Bull's magazine), Time Out, Mateo, BPM, Complex, and Vice. Deahl's blog, DSquared, started in 2009.
In 2014, Deahl did a highly publicized TEDx talk titled "Women, STEM & EDM." Deahl spoke in regards to her role as a female in the electronic music industry, and the inequalities that exist. she has also stated in interviews that she is a women's rights activist.
SMYK (Show Me Your Kitties Tour)Edit
Deahl's "Show Me Your Kitties" tour was a tour that consisted of 30 shows all promoted, ticked, and planned out by staff and assistants of the tour. Deahl had stated that because she was a female DJ, she was finding it difficult to get booked and promoted for shows. In response to that, she made an active effort to self sustain the tour, from creating a ticketing service that allowed customers to also donate to a nonprofit big cat rescue charity, to booking and promoting shows without promoters.
As of 2016, Deahl had taken up a role as an editor for popular music magazine DJ Mag. She said in an interview that she had written pieces for the magazine and then eventually was offered a position.
- "Bio | Dani Deahl". DaniDeahl.com. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- TEDx Talks (January 29, 2015). "Women, STEM and EDM | Dani Deahl | TEDxParkerSchool". Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- MTV News Staff (September 10, 2015). "Meet The DJ Who's Battling Sexism And Booking Tours Herself". MTV News. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- "Dani Deahl Discusses Her New Position at DJ MAG and the Current State of Dance Music Media - Nest HQ". Nest HQ. Archived from the original on 17 January 2016.
- "Fei Tang & Dani Deahl: The TVD First Date". The Vinyl District. June 3, 2013. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- Bellware, Kim (May 8, 2013). "PHOTOS: DJ Duo Ties The Knot In AMAZING Record Store Wedding". HuffPost. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dani Deahl.|