Dalat Flower Festival
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dalat Flower Festival (Vietnamese: Festival Hoa Đà Lạt) is a cultural festival which takes place every other year in Đà Lạt city, Lâm Đồng, Vietnam and some other localities in Lâm Đồng Province. The festival is held with the purpose of exhibiting flowers, vegetables and ornamental plants from the local as well as other regions within the country and many other countries in the world in order to attract visitors to come to Đà Lạt, promote economic development of the city. Dalat Flower Festival is also an activity honoring the value of flowers and floriculture, calling for investment in Đà Lạt flower industry as well as promoting a positive image of the city, the culture and the people of Đà Lạt.
Dalat Flower Festival 2005Edit
• From 10th December to 18th December 2005 (9 days).
• Theme: Đà Lạt - A destination of colorful flowers.
- This is the first flower festival to be held in the city which attracted to around 80,000 visitors.
Dalat Flower Festival 2007Edit
• From 15th December to 22nd December 2007 (8 days).
• Theme: Đà Lạt Flowers - I love you.
- This event attracted to around 110,000 visitors.
Dalat Flower Festival 2010Edit
• From 01st January to 04th January 2010 (4 days).
• Theme: Đà Lạt - City of thousands of flowers.
- This is one of the national events responding to The 1000th Anniversary of Thăng Long - Hà Nội.
Dalat Flower Festival 2012Edit
• From 31st December 2011 to 03rd January 2012 (4 days).
• Theme: Đà Lạt - City of Flower Festival.
- This festival attracted to 300,000 visitors.
Dalat Flower Festival 2013Edit
• From 28th December 2013 to 02nd January 2014 (6 days).
• Theme: Central Highlands - Echoes of the jungles.
- This festival is one of 4 important events took place in Đà Lạt in 2013 and 2014: The 120th anniversary of Dalat’s formation and development, Đà Lạt - Lâm Đồng culture & tourism week 2013, National Tourism Year 2014 in Central Highlands - Đà Lạt, The 1st Vietnam - ASEAN UNESCO Heritage Festival 2013.
Dalat Flower Festival 2015Edit
• From 29th December 2015 to 2nd January 2016 (5 days).
• Theme: Đà Lạt - Multitude of flower colors.
Dalat Flower Festival 2017Edit
• From 23rd December 2017 to 27th December 2017 (5 days).
• Theme: Đà Lạt Flowers - The marvellous crystallization from the benign land.
- This festival attracted to 500,000 visitors.
Dalat Flower Festival 2019Edit
• From 20th December 2019 to 24th December 2019 (5 days).
• Theme: Đà Lạt and Flowers.
- Dalat Flower Festival 2019 will have the presence of Miss World Vietnam 2019, top 12 Miss World 2019 Lương Thùy Linh as the Image Ambassador and Miss World 2013 Megan Young as the Companion Ambassador. There are also have many other Misses sush as Miss Vietnam 2016 Đỗ Mỹ Linh, Miss Grand Vietnam 2019 Nguyễn Hà Kiều Loan, Miss International Vietnam 2019 Nguyễn Tường San, Runner-up Miss Vietnam 2014 Nguyễn Lâm Diễm Trang, Miss International Vietnam 2018 Nguyễn Thúc Thùy Tiên, Best Evening Gown of Miss Vietnam 2016 Trần Thị Thu Hiền,... as the different ambassadors of the festival. The opening night and closing night also have many famous singers and artists such as Tóc Tiên, Cẩm Ly, Hồ Trung Dũng, Thu Thảo, 218 Dance Crew,...